AWS 101 Lunch and Learn | London
4 December 2012
Developing applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS) or moving your business into the cloud is more straightforward than you think. Whether you are a developer eager to learn new skills, a solutions architect who wants to solve existing technology problems, the IT professional who wants access to cost-effective, on-demand computing resources, this workshop is for you.
Please join us for a FREE introductory hands-on session on some of the most popular Amazon Web Services: Amazon Elastic Compute Service (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon CloudFront, Amazon Elastic Block Storage (EBS) and Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS).
Learn practical hands-on techniques of managing an AWS cloud and get your AWS technical questions addressed by our technical expert. Some of the topics covered will include:
- Running a web server on Amazon EC2, creating a security group, public/private keys, attaching an Elastic IP address and creating an AMI from an EC2 snap-shot.
- Creating and uploading an object to Amazon S3.
- Creating content distributions using Amazon CloudFront.
- Creating and managing an Amazon EBS volume.
- Creating a single-region RDS configuration and modifying the RDS instances to be multi-region.
Who Should Attend?
- Systems Administrators, Solutions Architects, IT Professionals, Developers and anyone who has a technical competency and interest to get an introductory hands-on session on AWS.
|11:45 - 12:00||Registration|
|12:00 - 12:45||Presentation – AWS 101 - Introducing the concepts behind AWS such as utility computing and elasticity, we'll take you through everything on offer in AWS|
|12:45 - 13:00||working lunch|
|13:00 - 13:45||Presentation and Demonstration - Watch a short presentation on 5 steps to getting started with EC2, then watch it being done live|
|13:45 - 14:00||Q&A session|
America Square Coference Centre London, Greater London, EC3N 2LB
View Larger Map