AWS Cloud - Introduction to AWS
Attend this event to hear a high level overview and introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS). Since 2006, Amazon Web Services have been providing on demand, pay-as-you-go infrastructure to businesses of all sizes. We'll discuss how organisations can make use of Amazon's massive scale and operational experience to build highly scalable businesses and move to market more quickly.
We will show you how to get started with AWS infrastructure services and how to architect applications for the cloud. You will also learn about our highly scalable cloud computing platform with high availability and dependability, and the flexibility to enable you to build a wide range of applications.
Reasons to attend
- Listen to an introduction about Amazon Web Services and hear case studies directly from our customers.
- Uncover the true economics of cloud computing.
- Learn tips and best practices from Amazon for developing and architecting in the cloud.
- Find out how to leverage end-to-end security and end-to-end privacy with AWS services built in accordance with security best practices.
Who should attend:
- This is an introductory event aimed at those wishing to gain a greater understanding of the services provided by AWS.
2:00pm – 2:30pm: Registration
2:30pm – 3:00pm: Keynote and Overview of Amazon Web Services, Dr. Werner Vogels, CTO, Amazon.com
3:00pm – 3:35pm: Customer Tech Talks & Q&A
Dan Harvey, Data Architect, Mendeley
Steve Romney, CTO, Shutl
3:35pm – 3:50pm: Break
3:50pm – 4:45pm: Getting Started with AWS Tools
4:45pm – 5:20pm: Use Case Spotlight: Highly-Available Websites
5:20pm – 5:30pm: Close
5:30pm – 7:00pm: Beer & Networking