Posted On: Mar 8, 2016
AWS Config is a fully managed service that provides you with an AWS resource inventory, configuration history, and configuration change notifications to enable security and governance. These capabilities enable compliance auditing, security analysis, resource change tracking, and troubleshooting.
With AWS Config you can:
• Perform continuous monitoring; Data from AWS Config enables you to continuously monitor the configurations of your resources and evaluate those configurations for potential security weaknesses.
• Perform security incident management; AWS Config enables you to examine the configuration of your resources at any single point in the past.
• Discover the resources that exist in your account, record their current configuration and capture changes to those configurations.
• Support inventory and security audits by capturing a comprehensive snapshot of all resources and their configuration attributes.
• Quickly troubleshoot operational issues by identifying recent configuration changes.