The AWS Activate Logo Guidelines below are intended for use by eligible companies that participate in the AWS Activate Offering (“AWS Activate”) and wish to use logo(s) that AWS makes available in connection with AWS Activate (“AWS Activate Logos”). Only companies that are explicitly authorized in writing by AWS to use the AWS Activate Logo (“AWS Activate Logo Companies”) may do so. Unless you have received an email or other written communication from AWS authorizing you to do so, you may not use the AWS Activate Logo. These guidelines do not include guidelines for use of non-AWS Activate specific trademarks such as the Amazon Web Services trademarks, which can be found online. For details regarding use of the overall AWS brand, please reference the AWS Trademark Guidelines. If you are unsure of how these requirements apply to your specific business case, contact your AWS Representative for assistance.
The requirements apply to each individual element of your product offering, ad creative, or promotional material (e.g. website, sales material, order forms, banner ads, email newsletters, printed materials, or other advertising, etc.)—anywhere you mention your participation in AWS Activate.
Eligibility for use. AWS Activate Logo Companies may use the AWS Activate Logo below:
Use of AWS Activate Logos: AWS Activate Logo Companies will have a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, revocable license to display the most recent version of that logo on their website or in their own offline materials (e.g., in any printed material, mailing, or other document) solely to identify their participation in AWS Activate. This includes use of the AWS Activate Logo on business cards, trade show booths, sales material, etc.
General Guidelines for Usage of the AWS Activate Logo: When using the AWS Activate Logo all AWS Activate Logo Companies must comply by the following general guidelines, in conjunction with the AWS Trademark Guidelines:
- Keep the focus on your company. The AWS Activate Logo should not be more prominent than your logo. On any email or mail campaigns, it needs to be clear that the correspondence is not from AWS, but from your company. Additionally, AWS cannot be mentioned in the subject line of any e-mails or on the outside of any direct mail pieces.
- Prohibited brand usage. You may not use any AWS brand, including the AWS Activate Logo, to disparage Amazon or AWS, its products or services, or partners in a manner which, in AWS’s sole discretion, may diminish or otherwise damage or tarnish Amazon’s or AWS’s goodwill.
- AWS is not a sponsor of your promotions. Your use of the AWS brand, including the AWS Activate Logo, should not imply a formal business partnership or sponsorship of your promotions.
- “Amazon Web Services” is our name. If you choose to reference our three-word name, each word and abbreviated letter is always capitalized and can be used only as “Amazon Web Services” or as “AWS.” “Amazon” is always capitalized, unless you are referring to our website at www.aws.amazon.com.
- You are a participant in the AWS Activate Program. You cannot directly advertise the AWS website. Do not publish links to an AWS sign-up page. Incidental references to AWS product pages are permissible when necessary to explain a feature of your services (e.g. Product allows back-up on Amazon S3 and a link to the Amazon S3 product page is provided). Use of AWS URLs should also conform to the AWS Trademark Guidelines. Any mention of AWS URLs should be removed upon request by AWS.
- URL Links. Do not use “AWS" or any of the AWS trademarks within your URL. For example, the URL, www.acme-aws.com, is not permissible use of the AWS brand or trademark. An example of permissible use would be: www.acme-software.com/aws. AWS may request removal of a URL link that is in violation of these guidelines.
- Modification of Logos: You must comply with our Trademark Guidelines found at: http://aws.amazon.com/co-marketing/#logo-program. Our trademarks should not be altered in any way.
Right to Audit: AWS may periodically perform random audits of your materials to ensure compliance with these requirements. If an item is selected for review, AWS will contact you directly.
AWS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify these AWS Activate Logo Guidelines at any time and to take appropriate action against any use without permission or any use that does not conform to these requirements.