1 Mar 2012, Thursday
2:00pm to 5:30pm
35/F Central Plaza
18 Harbour Road
Technical Hands-On Session on AWS
Developing applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS) or moving your business into the cloud is more straightforward than you think. Whether you are a developer eager to learn new skills, a solutions architect who wants to solve existing technology problems, the IT professional who wants access to cost-effective, on-demand computing resources, this workshop is for you.
Please join us for a FREE introductory hands-on session on some of the most popular Amazon Web Services: Amazon Elastic Compute Service (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon CloudFront, Amazon Elastic Block Storage (EBS) and Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS).
Why you should attend:
Learn practical hands-on techniques of managing an AWS cloud and get your AWS technical questions addressed by our technical expert. Some of the topics covered will include:
Running a web server on Amazon EC2, creating a security group, public/private keys, attaching an Elastic IP address and creating an AMI from an EC2 snap-shot.
Creating and uploading an object to Amazon S3.
- Creating content distributions using Amazon CloudFront.
- Creating and managing an Amazon EBS volume.
- Creating a single-region RDS configuration and modifying the RDS instances to be multi-region.
Who should attend:
- Systems Administrators, Solutions Architects, IT Professionals, Developers and anyone who has a technical competency and interest to get an introductory hands-on session on AWS.
- Workshop Pre-Requisites: (1) Have an active AWS account for the following services: Amazon S3, Amazon CloudFront, Amazon EC2 and Amazon RDS, otherwise sign up for a free account at aws.amazon.com/free prior to the workshop (2) Bring your own laptop. Laptop needs to be running on Linux/MacOS/Windows, is installed with any of the following browsers: Firefox 2.X and later, Safari 3.X and later, Internet Explorer 7.X, and is WiFi enabled.
|2:00pm to 2:30pm||Arrival, Registration & Set-Up|
|2:30pm to 3:30pm||Introduction, Demo and Hands-On: Amazon S3 and Amazon CloudFront|
|3:30pm to 3:40pm||Coffee Break|
|3:40pm to 5:30pm||Introduction, Demo and Hands-On: Amazon EC2, Amazon EBS and Amazon RDS|