AWS Tech Summit for Developers and Architects
Attend this half-day event and gain in-depth knowledge of key technical concepts such as running applications and databases using Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS offers a set of simple building block web services that together form a reliable, scalable, and inexpensive computing platform “in the cloud”.
Amazon.com Chief Technology Officer, Werner Vogels,
will keynote the event. Customers from Infopark AG
, Nokia Siemens Networks
, and Rebate Networks GmbH
will present on their use case and experience with AWS. In addition, the AWS technical team will discuss:
- the latest AWS product launches
- how to choose between our various database offers based on use case, and
- how to easily deploy Java applications in the AWS cloud,
- how to set up the infrastructure of a high-availability website.
May 16, 2011
Who should attend:
- Developers, engineers, system administrators, and architects interested in cloud computing.
- System administrators interested in the virtual compute resources available in the AWS cloud.
- Database engineers who are looking to gain a deep understanding of the AWS database offering.
- Java developers looking to create/deploy applications for the cloud.
12:00 – 12:30: Doors Open
12:30 – 13:10: Keynote | Presented by Amazon.com Chief Technology Officer, Dr. Werner Vogels
13:10 – 13:40: AWS Customer Presentations
Thomas Witt – Director Product and Business Development , Infopark AG
Dr. Klaus Schuch – Product Manager, Charging and Billing, Nokia Siemens Networks
Fabienne Serriere – Technical Project Manager, Rebate Networks GmbH
13:40 – 13:55: Q&A with AWS Customers
13:55 – 14:10: Break
14:10 – 15:10: High-Availability Websites: Build Better Websites with a Concert of AWS Products
15:10 – 16:10: Running Databases with AWS - How to Make the Right Choice for Your Use Case
16:10 – 17:10: Deploying Java Applications in the AWS Cloud: A Closer Look at Amazon Elastic Beanstalk
17:10 – 18:30: Beer and Networking
May 16th, 2011