AWS Tech Summit for Developers and Architects
Attend this half-day event and gain in-depth knowledge of key technical concepts such as running applications and databases using Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS offers a set of simple building block web services that together form a reliable, scalable, and inexpensive computing platform “in the cloud”.
During the event, customers will present on their use cases and experiences with AWS. In addition, the AWS team will discuss:
- the latest AWS product launches
- how to choose between our various database offers based on use case, and
- how to easily deploy Java applications in the AWS cloud,
- how to set up the infrastructure of a high-availability website.
Registration is now closed.
17 March, 2011
Who should attend:
- Developers, engineers, system administrators, and architects interested in cloud computing.
- System administrators interested in the virtual compute resources available in the AWS cloud.
- Database engineers who are looking to gain a deep understanding of the AWS database offering.
- Java developers looking to create/deploy applications for the cloud.
12:00 – 12:30: Doors Open
12:30 – 12:50: Ahead in the Cloud & Review of Recent AWS Launches
12:50 – 13:35: AWS Customer Presentations
Francis Barton – IT Development Manager, Costcutter
Richard Churchill – Technical Director, Servicetick
Richard Holland – Operations and Delivery Director, Eagle Genomics
13:35 – 14:05: Q&A with AWS Customers
14:05 – 14:30: Break
14:30 – 15:30: High-Availability Websites: Build Better Websites with a Concert of AWS Products
15:30 – 16:30: Running Databases with AWS - How to Make the Right Choice for Your Use Case
16:30 – 17:30: Deploying Java Applications in the AWS Cloud: A Closer Look at Amazon Elastic Beanstalk
17:30 – 18:30: Beer and Networking