AWS Tech Summit for Developers and Architects
Attend this half-day event and learn how to get started with Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS offers a flexible, scalable cloud computing platform built upon the same robust infrastructure and technological resources that power Amazon.com’s global web properties.
We will show developers, engineers, and architects how to get started with AWS infrastructure services and how to architect applications for the cloud.
9 November, 2010
Thistle Marble Arch
Due to overwhelming response, registration for this event is now closed.
Reasons to attend
- Hear about the latest services and features of the AWS cloud.
- Learn tips and best practices from Amazon for developing and architecting in the cloud.
- Discover lessons learned from other local developers and architects using AWS.
- Impress your boss with your newfound knowledge of the cloud.
Who should attend:
- Developers, engineers, system administrators, and architects interested in cloud computing
2:00pm – 2:30pm: Doors Open
2:30pm – 3:00pm: Overview of Amazon Web Services
3:00pm – 3:40pm: Architecting Applications in the Cloud
3:40pm – 3:50pm: Break
3:50pm – 5:10pm: Customer Tech Talks & Q&A
Jim Brown – Chief Technical Officer, Cloudmade
Andy Nichol – Director, Commercial Product Delivery, Telegraph Media Group
Martin Frost – Chief Architect, Playfish
Craig Box – IT Architect, Symbian Foundation
Michael Brunton-Spall – Developer Advocate, guardian.co.uk
5:10pm – 5:20pm: Getting Started with AWS Tools
5:20pm – 6:30pm: Beer & Networking