Systems Operations on AWS
This four-day course is designed to help existing AWS customers take full advantage of the AWS Cloud’s scalability and elasticity by understanding key elements of application deployment, performance, and operations.
Pre Requisites: Existing programming experience using Java, Ruby, Python and bash scripting.
In this class you will learn how to monitor, measure, and improve the performance of your application and infrastructure running on AWS. With a focus on hands-on exercises, this class will give you practice on a live application and help you gain skills to take back to your teams. This class is great for developers, system administrators, and others responsible for managing operations on the AWS platform.
In this class, you will:
- Learn how to use Amazon CloudFormation and a variety of 3rd party tools to help automate builds and deployment.
- Create, graph, and analyze log files and metrics using Amazon CloudWatch from live AWS resources to monitor application health.
- Collect and analyze application and system log files at a large scale and make decisions to improve application performance.
- Respond to and take action on common scaling, fail-over, and migration tasks in a running stack.
- Students are asked to bring their own laptop to perform in-class exercises and access supporting materials.
- Class will be held 9:00am-5:00pm.