AWS Webinars for February & Early March 2016
Last month I challenged you to learn something new in 2016 and offered up our January webinar series as a starting point. We’ve put together another strong lineup for February and I’d like to share it with you now. As always, the webinars are free but space is limited and you should sign up ahead of time if you would like to attend.
Here’s what we have in store for February and early March (all times are Pacific):
Tuesday, February 23
Many developers are using containers to simplify the packaging, deployment, and operation of their applications. This deep-dive webinar will show you how to use Amazon EC2 Container Service to simplify the use of Docker in production.
- Webinar: Amazon EC2 Container Service Deep Dive (9 – 10 AM).
- Blog Post: Amazon EC2 Container Service – Container Management for the AWS Cloud.
The AWS Database Migration Service will help you to migrate your existing relational data to the cloud. This webinar will tell you how:
- Webinar: Introduction to AWS Database Migration Service (10:30 – 11:30 AM).
- Background Info: Now in Preview: AWS Database Migration Service.
Do you want to allow your on-premises applications to take advantage of cloud storage? Learn more about some hybrid storage models in this webinar:
- Webinar: Using AWS Cloud Storage as the Foundation for Your Hybrid Strategy (Noon – 1 PM).
- Background Info: What is Cloud Storage?
Wednesday, February 24
Are you eager to get business value from your Big Data projects? Attend this webinar to learn how your peers and competitors are doing it!
- Webinar: 451 Research and AWS: Achieving Business Value with Big Data (9 – 10 AM).
Are you puzzled by the term NoSQL? Learn about what it is and what it can do for you in this webinar:
- Webinar: Introduction to DynamoDB – The Fully-Managed NoSQL Service on AWS (10:30 – 11:30 AM).
- Blog Plost: Amazon DynamoDB – Internet-Scale Data Storage the NoSQL Way.
Building mobile apps? Learn how to use AWS Device Farm to test them!
- Webinar: Automate Your App Tests with Appium and AWS Device Farm (Noon – 1 PM).
- Blog Post: AWS Device Farm – Test Mobile Apps on Real Devices.
Thursday, February 25
New environments bring new security challenges! If you are building IoT (Internet of Things) applications, this webinar is a must!
- Webinar: Best Practices for IoT Security in the Cloud (9 – 10 AM).
- Blog Post: AWS IoT – Cloud Services for Connected Devices.
AWS Lambda gives you the power to build serverless applications that require no administration and can scale with no effort. Join our webinar to learn how Lambda can now access functionality within a VPC (Virtual Private Cloud):
- Webinar: Introducing VPC Support for AWS Lambda (10:30 – 11:30 AM).
- Blog Post: Access Resources in a VPC from Your Lambda Functions.
Handling Big Data requires some architectural considerations and design patterns that might not be obvious at first. Learn more at this webinar:
- Webinar: Architectural Patterns for Big Data on AWS (Noon – 1 PM).
- Background Info: Big Data on Amazon Web Services.
Tuesday, March 1 & Thursday, March 3
Migrating your Windows-based applications to the cloud does not necessarily entail stepping out of a familiar and comfortable environment. During our virtual hands-on labs an instructor will guide you through the process of configuring, launching, and securing a Windows virtual machine in the AWS Cloud:
- Webinar: Hands-On Lab: Windows Workloads on AWS (9 – 10:30 AM, March 1).
- Webinar: Hands-On Lab: Windows Workloads on AWS (9 – 10:30 AM, March 3).
- Background Info: Getting Started with Microsoft Windows on AWS.
PS – Your suggestions for future webinars are welcome! Leave me a comment and I will share it with the team.