AWS for the Financial Services Enterprise | London
13 September 2012
This briefing is the third in a series of events aimed at customers & potential customers within the financial services sector. In the first half of this session we will talk about how to make the transition from cloud theory, to the practical steps of introducing cloud into the enterprise. The objective is to highlight the main factors that need to be considered by the enterprise and help share experience and best practice from previous engagements.
The second half of the briefing will look at one of the most common and powerful use cases for financial services customers, which is the development & test environment. We will discuss how AWS customers can rapidly provision development & test environments in the cloud, to improve business agility while also keeping costs under tight control. The session will also show examples of how to set up a new development platform from scratch and discuss some of the core AWS productivity tools that can be deployed.
- Find out how to prepare for your journey to the cloud
- Pick up invaluable best practice advice
- See first-hand the speed at which services can be provisioned
- Meet the AWS UK sales & technical teams
- Network with peers from other major Financial services companies in relaxed environment
Who Should Attend?
- Financial institution technology leaders
- CTOs, IT Directors, Senior architects
- Architectural managers, development team leaders
|08:00 - 08:30||Registration & refreshments|
|08:30 - 09:15||Introduction to AWS, Ryan Shuttleworth, Technology Evangelist, AWS|
|09:15 - 10:00||Development & Testing in the AWS Cloud, Ianni Vamvadelis, Solutions Architect, AWS|
|10:00 - 10:30||Demonstration: How to Start a New Development & Test Environment |
|10:30 - 11:00||Networking and Close|
The Mercer, 34 Threadneedle Street, London, EC2R 8AY
View Larger Map