IMPORTANT: This library has been deprecated and will no longer be updated. We recommend developers switch to the new AWS SDK for .NET, which is almost identical to this library, where you'll continue to get new feature updates and bug fixes. To learn more about the AWS SDK for .NET, and for support with migration, see http://aws.amazon.com/sdkfornet.
About this Library
- Based on the 2009-08-15 API version.
- Fix typo and response transformation on VpcAttachment
- Fix for CreateDhcpOption Configuration, as well as CreateSubnetResponse transformer.
- Support for Shared Snapshots API
- Fix for missing VPC fields on RunningInstance
- Support for VPC API
- Support for monitoring API
- Support for reserved instances API
- Support for regions, signature version 2, https endpoint
- Support for Windows Bundling, new API version - 2008-08-08
- Initial release, support for Amazon Elastic Block Store
- Amazon EC2 Account (http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/).
- Visual Studio 2005, .NET 2.0
|src||Source distribution of the library. All sources including code samples that demonstrate the use of the library located under this directory.|
Quick StartLibrary comes with VB.Net solution and two pre-configured VB.Net projects.
- Amazon.EC2.vbproj - main library project
- Amazon.EC2.Samples.vbproj - library samples project
- Extract the amazon-ec2-2009-08-15-vbnet-library.zip file into a working directory.
- Open Amazon.EC2.sln solution file in Visual Studio 2005
- Hit F5 key and follow on screen instruction
Running SamplesSteps to run particular sample
- Open AmazonEC2Samples.vb file under Amazon.EC2.Samples project
- Set AWS Access Key ID and AWS Secret Access Key
Dim accessKeyId As String = "<Your Access Key ID>" Dim secretAccessKey As String = "<Your Secret Access Key>"
- Set request parameters. For example, find following pre-generated snippet:
// Dim request As New DescribeImagesRequest() // @TODO: set request parameters here // DescribeImagesSample.InvokeDescribeImages(service, request)
- Uncomment first and third line and set ImageId:
Dim request As New DescribeImagesRequest() request.ImageId = "ami-be3adfd7" DescribeImagesSample.InvokeDescribeImages(service, request)
DescribeImagesResponse DescribeImagesResult Image ImageId ami-be3adfd7 ImageLocation ec2-public-images/fedora-8-i386-base-v1.04.manifest.xml ImageState available KernelId aki-4438dd2d RamdiskId ari-4538dd2c ...