About This SampleThis sample application is built on Amazon Associates Web Service using Java technology. XFire is used to generate the Java proxy classes and Java Server Faces are used for the UI component. The sample code illustrates how to construct a SOAP request for various Amazon Associates Web Service operations like ItemSearch, ItemLookup, etc. with various request parameter combinations, then shows how to process the response that comes back from Amazon Associates Web Service.
The sample application is based on the 2007-04-04 API version of Amazon Associates Web Service.
- You must have a valid Amazon Web Services developer account
- Please see the README file ( Word , PDF ) for other prerequisites and configuration details. (The sample comes with all the necessary JARs.)
- Eclipse is used to build this sample - if you don't have Eclipse, you can download it from the Eclipse web site.
Running the Sample
- Download and unzip the .zip file in your local directory (C:\)
- Follow the instructions in the README file to run the sample