- 2012-07-12: Updated to include support for DKIM signing.
- 2012-06-26: Updated to include support for Feedback Notifications.
- 2012-05-15: Updated to include support for Domain Verification.
- 2011-12-02: Updated ses-send-mail.pl to accept a list of recipients separated by white spaces. Updated scripts to exit with EX_TEMPFAIL code in case of a throttling error.
- 2011-10-31: use AWS_CREDENTIALS_FILE instead of AWS_CREDENTIAL_FILE environment variable
- 2011-10-12: Updated README file with instructions on how to update CPAN modules. Added explicit dependency on Mozilla::CA module. More user friendly error message in case correct version of LWP module is not available.
- 2011-07-21: improved security over SSL, this release ensures proper peer verification by requiring updated and appropriate CPAN modules
- 2011-03-11: fixed an issue with UTF-8 support in ses-send-email.pl
- 2011-02-02: updated with new README, incorrect XML namespace in SES.pm fixed.
About these scriptsAmazon SES no longer maintains these scripts. For command-line access to Amazon SES, you can use the AWS Command Line Interface or the AWS Tools for Windows PowerShell. To integrate your mail server with Amazon SES, you can use the Amazon SES Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) interface. For more information, see Integrating Amazon SES with Your Existing Email Server.
The Amazon SES Scripts zip archive contains the following Perl scripts:
ses-get-stats.pl - retrieves statistics about Amazon SES account usage. ses-send-email.pl - send email using Amazon SES.
ses-verify-identity.pl - verify email addresses and domains to be used with Amazon SES.
ses-verify-email-addresses.pl - verify email addresses to be used with Amazon SES. (This script is included, but has been deprecated.)
ses-setup-notifications.pl - setup bounce and complaint notifications to be received from Amazon SES.
SES.pm - a module used by all of the above scripts.
ses-setup-dkim.pl - setup DKIM signing for Amazon SES.Simply unzip the archive into a directory and use the individual scripts.