- You must have an Amazon Web Services account (http://aws.amazon.com).
- You must have signed up to use the Alexa Site Thumbnail (http://aws.amazon.com/ast).
- Assumes python 2.4 or later.
Running the Sample
- Extract the .zip file into a working directory.
- Edit the ThumbnailUtility.py file to include your Access Key ID and Secret Access Key.
- Open up the python interpreter and run the following (or you can include this in some app):
from ThumbnailUtility import *And for a list:
create_thumbnail('kelvinism.com', 'Large')from ThumbnailUtility import *
all_sites = ['kelvinism.com', 'alexa.com', 'amazon.com']
Note: I think most people use Python (for doing web things) in a framework, so this code snippet doesn't include the mechanism of actually displaying the images, it just returns the image location. However, take a look in readme.txt for more examples of actually displaying the images and more advanced usage.
If you need help or run into a stumbling block, don't hesitate contacting me: kelvin [-at-] kelvinism.com