Amazon Web Services (AWS) enables you to requisition compute power, storage, and other infrastructure services to deploy your web applications. With AWS you have the flexibility to choose whichever development platform or programming model makes the most sense for the problems you’re trying to solve. You pay only for what you use, with no up-front expenses or long-term commitments, making AWS the most cost-effective way to deliver your application to your customers and clients. And, with AWS, you can take advantage of Amazon.com’s global computing infrastructure, that is the backbone of Amazon.com’s $15 billion retail business and transactional enterprise whose scalable, reliable, and secure distributed computing infrastructure has been honed for over 13 years.
- Host scalable web sites and applications built using the web platforms of your choice.
- Crunch large amounts of data using a highly scalable high-performance computing environment.
- Deliver content quickly and cost-effectively by employing the same technology used to deliver the Eclipse “Galileo” release faster and more reliably.
Pay only for what you use, as you use it, with no up-front commitments. As the Amazon Web Services cloud grows, our operations, management and hardware costs shrink, and we pass the savings onto you.
Utilize a battle-tested, web-scale infrastructure that handles whatever you throw at it. The Amazon Web Services cloud is distributed, secure and resilient, giving you reliability and massive scale.
Build any application you want using any platform or any programming model. You control the resources you consume and fit them into your application as you see fit.
Don’t start from scratch. Amazon Web Services provides a number of solutions to incorporate into your applications. From databases to payments, these services help you build great applications cost effectively and with less up-front investment.
- Sign up for AWS compute and storage services, Amazon S3 and EC2.
- Download Eclipse “Galileo” from www.eclipse.org/downloads
- Watch the AWS Toolkit for Eclipse video and learn how Eclipse makes it easy to run applications on the AWS cloud.
- Install the AWS Toolkit for Eclipse, a plug-in for the Eclipse Java IDE that makes it easier for developers to develop, deploy, and debug Java applications using Amazon Web Services.
- Follow the Getting Started Guide for the AWS Toolkit for Eclipse and get up to speed with AWS quickly.
- Visit the Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, and Amazon CloudFront pages and get details and pricing for these infrastructure services.
- Find out about AWS security processes and mechanisms in the AWS Security Center and review the AWS Overview of Security Processes whitepaper (PDF).
- Interact with your fellow developers in our AWS Forums.