Download the .zip file using the Download link on this page, unpack it, and follow the instructions in the README file to get started.
- 2013-10-31 - Added support for cross region snapshot copy. New API version 2013-09-09
- 2013-07-08 - Added support for fine-grained permissions and tagging of all Amazon RDS resources.
- 2013-05-23 - Added support for read replica status. New API version 2013-05-15.
- 2013-03-04 - Added support for DB log file access.
- 2013-02-04 - Added support for DB Event Subscriptions. If you need the previous version of the CLI, download https://s3.amazonaws.com/rds-downloads/RDSCli-1.12.001.zip
- 2013-01-14 - Added support for DB Instance renaming and DB Security Group migration. New API version 2013-01-10. If you need the previous version of the CLI, download https://s3.amazonaws.com/rds-downloads/RDSCli-1.10.003.zip
- 2012-10-11 - Added support for Read Replica promotion.
- 2012-09-20 - Added support for Provisioned IOPS. API Version 2012-09-17
- 2012-08-08 - Added support for DB Instance tagging.
- 2012-05-29 - Added support for option groups.
- 2012-05-08 - Added support for Microsoft SQL Server DB Engine.
- 2012-05-02 - Added support for forced failover, Multi-AZ deployment for Oracle DB Instances, and nondefault character sets for Oracle DB Instances
- 2012-03-16 - Added support for Amazon Virtual Private Cloud.
About This Sample
- This package contains the API-based Amazon RDS command line interface.
- Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) is a web service that makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale a relational database in the cloud. It provides cost-efficient and resizable capacity, while managing time-consuming database administration tasks, freeing you up to focus on your applications and business.
- Visit the Amazon RDS Command Line Interface Reference for more information on using the command line tool.