Amazon Elastic MapReduce (Amazon EMR) makes it easy to provision and manage elastic Hadoop clusters on AWS. With Hunk you can interactively explore, analyze, and visualize data stored in Amazon EMR and Amazon S3. The integrated offering lets AWS and Splunk customers:
• Unlock the business value of data: Preview search results before MapReduce jobs finish and conduct sophisticated analytics – all from an integrated analytics platform that’s fast and easy for everyone to use.
• Gain insights: Hunk lets you explore, analyze, and visualize Amazon EMR and Amazon S3 data at massive scale, all with just a few clicks.
• Easily provision and deploy Hunk: When you need it, for only as long as you need it—charged by the hour.
Hunk was developed by Splunk to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. By analyzing everything from customer clickstreams and transactions to network activity and call records, and more, Splunk turns machine data into valuable insights no matter what business you're in. Check out the full Splunk product portfolio here.
Hunk is a full-featured, integrated analytics platform that lets everyone in your organization interactively explore, analyze and visualize big data, regardless of where the data is stored. Simply point Hunk at your data to start visualizing patterns and exploring your data. Create dashboards and share reports—all from one integrated platform-- in minutes.
With Hunk, you can manage risks, tackle modern security threats, and detect patterns and anomalies across terabytes or petabytes of raw data—all without fixed schemas, specialized resources, or moving data to a separate in-memory store. See it in action here.
• Exploratory analytics: Realize immediate value with the ability to search, visualize, analyze, and pivot massive data sets the moment they enter Hadoop to get clear, concise business insights for the most accurate IT and business decisions.
• Schema-on-the-Fly: Hunk loves raw, unstructured data in Hadoop and NoSQL. Hunk allows you to interact with data, preview results as MapReduce jobs are running, pause jobs, and refine questions on-the-fly. You can run queries without knowing the up-front questions and reports you will need later.
• Data Security: Hunk offers role-based access controls and data masking to protect non-public information and customer privacy.
• Fast Deployment: Get started in minutes either on premises or in the AWS cloud. This helps solve some fundamental limitations with Hadoop (skills gap and time-to-value) with little to no development or deployment time.Hunk is a full-featured, integrated analytics platform that lets everyone in your organization interactively explore, analyze and visualize big data, regardless of where the data is stored. Simply point Hunk at your data to start visualizing patterns and exploring your data. Create dashboards and share reports—all from one integrated platform-- in minutes.
Hunk runs on an EC2 instance that is separate from your Amazon EMR cluster(s). You can either pay by the hour, or buy an annual license.
Hourly pricing: If you choose to pay for Hunk using hourly pricing, you must "enable Hunk" on every Amazon EMR cluster you want to use with Hunk. (For example, in the EMR Management Console you would select Hunk in the Additional Applications dropdown and then click "Enable Hunk".) You will then be charged $0.75 per instance per hour for all instances in your Hunk-enabled Amazon EMR clusters.
Example: If you launch a 3-node EMR cluster, enable Hunk, and leave the cluster running for 2 hours, you will be charged 3*2*$0.75 = $4.50 for Hunk. This does not include the cost of Amazon EC2 or Amazon EMR.
Bring your own license: Already have a Hunk license or prefer to purchase Hunk on an annual-term basis? You can contact Splunk to purchase an annual license.
Click here for instructions on launching Hunk with Amazon EMR.