Pay only for what you use. There is no minimum fee. Pricing depends on the duration and resolution of the content that you output. Each output file is billed in whole minute increments where each partial minute is rounded up to the next full minute. Standard definition (SD) output is billed at half the rate of high definition (HD) output. HD is any output for which the resolution has at least 720 lines. Output that only contains audio content is charged at less than a third the price of SD output (see pricing table below.)
Amazon S3 storage and data-transfer charges still apply for both input and output files. You do not incur data-transfer charges when your Amazon S3 bucket is in the same region as the one in which you submitted your transcoding job. You do incur data-transfer charges when your Amazon S3 bucket is in a region other than the one in which you submitted your transcoding job. For more information on Amazon S3 charges, including pricing for transferring your content out of AWS, see Amazon S3 Pricing.
Amazon Elastic Transcoder does not charge for failed transcodes unless the number of failures becomes excessive.
To help you test Amazon Elastic Transcoder, we offer a monthly free usage tier. The free tier consists of: 20 minutes of free audio-only output per month, 20 minutes of free SD output per month and 10 minutes of free HD output per month. Once you exceed the number of minutes in this free usage tier, you will be charged at the prevailing rates. We do not watermark the output content or otherwise limit the functionality of the service, so you can use it and truly get a feel for its capabilities. For more information, please refer to AWS Free Usage Tier.
Prices for transcoding operations in Japan are inclusive of Japan consumption tax.
- A 10 minute source file in US West (Oregon) transcoded to an SD output will cost 10 x $0.015 = $0.15.
- A 10 minute source file in US East (N. Virginia) transcoded to an HD output will cost 10 x $0.030 = $0.30.
- A 10 minute source file in EU (Ireland) transcoded to one SD and one HD output will cost (10 x $0.017) + (10 x $0.034) = $0.51.
- A 10 minute source file in US West (Oregon) transcoded to an audio-only output will cost 10 x $0.0045 = $0.045.
- A 10 minute source file in US West (N. California) transcoded to one audio output, three SD outputs and two HD outputs will cost (10 x $0.00522) + (3 x 10 x $0.017) + (2 x 10 x $0.034) = $1.2422.