HIRING: Build the World’s Most Scalable Load Balancing Solutions
Do you want to help create a product that is used by millions of people every day that changes the way developers architect and build solutions? Are you passionate about helping other entrepreneurs as well as “entrepreneurs” at innovative corporations take new ideas to market?
Amazon Web Service’s Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) enables this with pay-as-you-go pricing and no up-front costs that our customers would otherwise have to go hunt for budget to fund. The Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) service is an essential piece of this puzzle, offering massively scalable and performant load balancing technology that our customers don’t have to provision and operate.
Why should you join the Elastic Load Balancing team ?
- We ship software frequently, get fast feedback from real customers around the globe, and see the results of our work come to fruition. The Elastic Load Balancing service is in 5 regions and 14 availability zones today, and will be in many more going forward.
- There are real-world problems to solve that you won’t find ready-made answers for. For example, how do you ensure customers can scale their application quickly to 200 times more traffic and then back down in a matter of minutes? How do you ensure customers can implement rules for their traffic to be routed to specific applications?
- We are a small, tightly-knit team that is defining the future of load balancing as a service, at a scale that has not been tried. Load Balancing is a multi-billion dollar business, and load balancing in the cloud is still a nascent market.
- Design & Write code: We have a code base written in C++, Java, Perl and Ruby, that delivers functionality such as request and response routing, failure detection and handling, scaling, data storage and monitoring. You will have the opportunity to design & implement features for a number of these components with scale and performance in mind.
- Test, test, test: Our software engineers don't just write code, they also test the heck out of it. You will write unit tests, integration tests and regression tests and find ways to automate them.
- Troubleshoot and fix operational problems: You will work with systems engineers to troubleshoot operational problems and fix them. If you are so inclined, you will also automate troubleshooting procedures and write tools. And when the issues concern specific customers, you will also have the opportunity to talk to them and understand their space better.
- Influence product direction: You will propose your ideas for the future of the space to product management, and get to shape the roadmap.
- Hire and mentor others: As we continue to grow, we need to ensure we are hiring the right caliber of talent and you will be a part of the interview process. This role also mentors other Engineers.
- Have fun: We find ways to relax and unwind every now and then, with beer bashes, team events and lunches. You can also partcipate in a multitude of Amazon corporate events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience with objected oriented software development using C, C++ and/or Java.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Experience building scalable, fault tolerant infrastructure software or distributed systems, preferably in a Unix or Linux platform.
- Knowledge of networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP.
- Experience with load balancing technologies is a plus.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Graduate degree (MS/PhD) a plus.
If you feel like you may fit all or most of these qualifications, we would encourage you to apply by forwarding your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or online at the job posting web site
Please visit AWS Careers home page for all AWS career opportunities.