On Amazon EC2 you can run many of the proven IBM platform technologies with which you're already familiar, including IBM DB2, IBM Domino, IBM Informix, IBM Web Content Manager, IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM WebSphere sMash, IBM WebSphere Portal Server, and InfoSphere DataStage/QualityStage with its corresponding Windows client. You may be eligible to bring many of your own IBM software and licenses (BYOSL) to run on Amazon EC2© see below for more information.
If you have acquired software entitlements under IBM’s International Passport Advantage or Passport Advantage Express Agreements (collectively PA or PA Program), you may have the ability to run IBM software programs on Amazon EC2 and you will simply pay the normal Amazon EC2 hourly prices for On-Demand or Reserved Instances. You can get started via the following steps:
- Visit IBM's Licensing for Amazon Cloud to determine eligibility requirements for how your existing PA licenses may apply to the various EC2 instance types.
- Install the desired IBM software with the appropriate number of licenses on your Amazon EC2 instance.
- Run and manage your instance like any other Amazon EC2 instance.
If you are interested in purchasing a new IBM license, please visit the IBM Software Online Catalog.
If you are interested in running IBM on AWS please Contact Us
* IBM is a registered trademark of International Business Machines Corporation
* Novell is a registered trademark and SUSE is a trademark of Novell, Inc.