Instance Software Description:
Postgres Plus Standard Server, the certified professional distribution of PostgreSQL from EnterpriseDB, comes complete with client connectors, geospatial support, replication, caching and more enterprise grade modules. Postgres Plus Standard Server delivers PostgreSQL, StackBuilder Plus with UpdateMonitor, pre-integrated enterprise modules, and value-added enterprise module testing. The following modules are installed with this AMI: The PostgreSQL Database Server
PostGIS Geospatial support
PgBouncer Connection Pooling
pgJDBC Client Connector
psqlODBC Client Connector
pgAgent Job Scheduler
This 64 bit instance requires use of the Large Instance type which includes 7.5 GB of memory, 4 EC2 Compute Units (2 virtual cores with 2 EC2 Compute Units each) and 850 GB of local instance storage.
Getting Started with Postgres Plus in EC2:1. For information about the EC2 command line interface, and an introduction to Amazon's service, visit: Getting Started with Amazon Web Services
2. There is no cost for using Postgres Plus, however, you will be billed by Amazon for running the AMI and for storage.
3. You can find instructions for starting a Postgres Plus AMI instance using the AWS Management Console at: EnterpriseDB in the Cloud
Resources and Next Steps:1. Which Postgres Is Right for Me? is available at: EnterpriseDB whitepapers
2. Postgres Plus Quick Tutorials are available at: EnterpriseDB Tutorials
3. Postgres Plus documentation is available at: Postgres Plus documentation
4. Postgres Technical Evaluation Guide is available at: Postgres Technical Evaluation
5. Contact us: EnterpriseDB Corporation
235 Littleton Rd.
Westford, MA 01886
Postgres Plus AMI Support: Free support is available by visiting the forum titled: Using Postgres Plus AMIs with Amazon EC2 at EnterpriseDB.com
Paid support with professional Service Level Agreements is available at: EnterpriseDB Subscription Information