Create iPad, iPhone, and iPod applications that leverage AWS using the AWS SDK for iOS. The SDK helps remove complexity by providing iOS APIs for many AWS services including Amazon S3, Amazon SQS, Amazon SNS, and DynamoDB. The single, downloadable package includes the AWS iOS Library, code samples, and documentation.
AWS Mobile SDK - Version 2 is currently in Developer Preview. Try out the new features, and give us feedback.
- Amazon Cognito - is a simple user identity and synchronization service that helps you securely manage and synchronize app data for your users across their mobile devices. With Amazon Cognito, you can save any kind of data, such as app preferences or game state, in the AWS Cloud without writing any backend code or managing any infrastructure.
- Amazon Mobile Analytics - is a service for collecting, visualizing and understanding app usage data at scale. Amazon Mobile Analytics reports are typically updated within 60 minutes from when data are received. Amazon Mobile Analytics is build to scale with the business and can collect and process billions of events from million of endpoints.
- Amazon Kinesis Recorder - enables you to reliably record data to an Amazon Kinesis data stream from your mobile app. Kinesis Recorder batches requests to handle intermittent network connection and enable you to record events even when the device is offline.
- Amazon DynamoDB Object Mapper - We have made it easier to use DynamoDB from the AWS SDK for iOS by providing the DynamoDB Object Mapper for iOS. The DynamoDB Object Mapper makes it easy to set up connections to a DynamoDB database and supports high-level operations like creating, getting, querying, updating, and deleting records.
- Amazon S3 Transfer Manager - We have rebuilt the S3TransferManager to utilize BFTask. It has a clean interface, and all of the operations are now asynchronous.
- ARC support - The SDK is now ARC enabled from the ground up to improve overall memory management.
- BFTask support - Async methods with complex logic often cause deeply nested blocks in Objective-C. With native BFTask support, you can chain async requests instead of nesting them. This makes the logic cleaner while keeping the code more readable.
- Conforming Objective-C recommendations - We are better at conforming to Objective-C best practices. The SDK returns NSErrors instead of throwing exceptions. iOS developers will now feel at home when using the AWS Mobile SDK.
- Official Cocoapods support - Including the AWS SDK for iOS in your project is now easier than ever. You just need to add pod "AWSiOSSDKv2" to your Podfile.
Visit AWS Mobile SDK page to learn more.
It is really easy to get started with AWS SDK for iOS using Swift or Objective-C. Read our Mobile blog.
See examples in the iOS Articles and Tutorials »
Connect with other developers in the Mobile Community Forum »
Discover more about creating Mobile applications using AWS in the Mobile Developer Center »
Learn the details of the latest SDK in the Release Notes »
Dig through the source code in the GitHub Repository »