The Force.com Toolkit for Amazon Web Services makes it easy for developers to combine the functionality of Force.com—salesforce.com’s platform for building software-as-a-service applications—with Amazon Web Services to create innovative business applications in the cloud.
With a framework for authentication, native access to Amazon S3, and pre-built Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) for Amazon EC2, the toolkit enables developers to access Amazon S3 or Amazon EC2 directly from the Force.com platform.
For organizations trying to expand or replace their current on-premise based storage with a cloud-based solution, NetBackup provides seamless extension into the cloud. Media server encryption, NetBackup Accelerator, bandwidth throttling, and WAN acceleration, make NetBackup the right solution to facilitate the movement and storage of your data from the premise to the AWS cloud.
Follow these steps to begin using Force.com and Amazon Web Services:
- For scalable computing resources, sign up for Amazon EC2. For scalable storage, sign up for Amazon S3.
- Sign up for a free salesforce.com Developer Edition account.
- Install the Force.com Toolkit into your Developer Edition account. The package includes the Amazon S3 toolkit, Amazon S3 samples, AWS credentials management, and an Amazon EC2 instance viewer.
- Access the Force.com PHP AMI to use with Amazon EC2. This AMI is pre-configured with libraries for accessing the Force.com API from PHP. It is built on Fedora Core 4 and PHP 5.6.2, and includes the latest build of the PHP toolkit (v14).
- View Force.com Toolkit developer docs at the salesforce.com platform community site, developer.force.com
Amazon Web Services, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, Amazon Elastic Block Store, Amazon Simple Storage Service, and the “Powered by Amazon Web Services” are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.