The AWS Online Tech Talks is a selection of live online presentations that cover a broad range of topics at varying technical levels. These tech talks feature technical sessions led by AWS solutions architects and engineers, live demonstrations, customer examples and Q&A with AWS experts.
The sessions below are categorized. You can click on the "learn more" drop down arrow to view the detailed description of each session.
Vikram Anbazhagan, Sr. Manager, Product Mgmt, AWS
Time: March 6, 2017 l 9:00 - 10:00 AM Pacific Time
Amazon Lex is a service for building conversational interfaces into any application using voice and text. Lex provides the advanced deep learning functionalities of automatic speech recognition (ASR) for converting speech to text, and natural language understanding (NLU) to recognize the intent of the text, to enable you to build applications with highly engaging user experiences and lifelike conversational interactions.
- Learn about the capabilities and features of Amazon Lex
- Learn about the benefits of Amazon Lex
- Learn about the different use cases
- Learn how to get started using Amazon Lex
Who Should Attend:
Time: March 27, 2017 l 9:00 - 10:00 AM Pacific Time
- Build a simple speech-enabled app with Polly's text-to-speech voices
- Learn about the complete set of available SSML tags, and how you can apply them in order to modify and enhance your speech output
- Learn how you can override the default Polly pronunciation for specific words, by creating a lexicon of these words, along with the pronunciation that matches your needs
- Learn about how you can use punctuation to modify the way text is spoken by Polly voices
- Get insider tips on the best speech optimization techniques to apply to each of the most common speech production concerns
- Discover ways to streamline the process of getting the most out of Polly voices through SSML tags and lexicons
- Find out the best way to submit your feedback on Polly voices, pronunciation, and the available feature set, so that we can continue to improve this service for you!