Posted On: Jun 13, 2012
We are excited to announce a number of improvements to AWS Support that we believe will deliver more value than ever to our customers. As part of today’s announcement of new support features and lower prices, the support plan names have been changed from metallic references to those that are more in line with their anticipated customers: Developer (Bronze), Business (Gold), Enterprise (Platinum). All plans include support for an unlimited number of cases, are available worldwide, have no long term contracts and can be cancelled at any time.
Additional improvements include:
- An expanded free Support tier
- Lower prices on Premium tiers
- Launch of the AWS Trusted Advisor Dashboard which provides customers self-service access to proactive alerts that identify opportunities to save money, improve system performance, or close security gaps
- Launch of Chat for Business and Enterprise-level Customers
- Expansion of Customer Service phone and email availability to anytime hours
- Technical Support for Health Checks starting with Amazon EC2
- Expansion of 3rd Party Software Support to include Support for Databases (MySQL, SQL Server), Disk Management tools (LVM, RAID), and VPN solutions (OpenVPN, RRAS) running on top of AWS Infrastructure Services
- Increased Named Contacts from 3 to 5 for Business Customers
It is now easier than ever for customers of all sizes and technical abilities to draw on the deep technical experience of AWS Support engineers to help build and manage applications on top of AWS Infrastructure Services. To learn more about available support plans and pricing, visit the AWS Support page, or sign up.