Posted On: Mar 31, 2016
AWS CloudFormation has updated support for three services. You can now provision the following features using CloudFormation:
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) updated support
- Specify one or more transition rules for S3 buckets with versioning enabled. These define how S3 manages objects during their lifetime, such as automated transition of less-frequently accessed objects to low-cost storage alternatives and scheduled deletions.
AWS Lambda updated support
- Enable Lambda functions to access resources in a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Publish a version of a Lambda function. Versioning allows you to better manage your in-production Lambda function code by enabling you to publish one or more versions of your Lambda function.
- Create an alias that points to a Lambda function version that you specify. An alias is a pointer to a specific Lambda function version.
Amazon Elastic MapReduce (Amazon EMR) updated support
- Define the properties of Amazon Elastic Block Store storage volumes attached to your Amazon EMR instances, such as their configuration or whether they are I/O optimized.