Posted On: Feb 8, 2017
This Quick Start automatically deploys a Tableau Server standalone or cluster environment on the AWS Cloud in an hour or less. The Quick Start was created by AWS in partnership with Tableau Software, to integrate solutions and services from both companies.
Tableau Server is an online solution for sharing, distributing, and collaborating on business intelligence content created in Tableau. Tableau Server users can create workbooks and views, dashboards, and data sources in Tableau Desktop, and then publish this content to the server.
The Quick Start uses AWS CloudFormation templates to automatically deploy one of the following architectures for Tableau Server into your AWS account:
- Standalone architecture – Deploys Tableau Server into your default VPC. The software is installed on a single Amazon EC2 m4.4xlarge instance running Windows Server 2012 R2 with an Amazon EBS volume of 100 GiB.
- Cluster architecture – Deploys Tableau Server on three EC2 m4.4xlarge instances: one primary server and two worker servers. Each instance runs Windows Server 2012 R2 and is configured with a 100-GiB EBS volume. The Quick Start provides two deployment options to support test, POC, or production environments: You can either build a new AWS environment with VPC, subnets, NAT gateways, bastion host, and other infrastructure components for Tableau Server, or you can deploy Tableau Server into your existing AWS environment.
The Quick Start includes a deployment guide, which describes the reference architecture, provides step-by-step instructions for deploying Tableau Server on AWS, and discusses customization options. To get started, use the following resources:
- View architecture and details
- View the deployment guide
- Browse and launch other AWS Quick Start Reference Deployments
About Quick Starts
Quick Starts are automated reference deployments for key workloads on the AWS Cloud. Each Quick Start launches, configures, and runs the AWS compute, network, storage, and other services required to deploy a specific workload on AWS, using AWS best practices for security and availability. This is the latest in a series of Quick Starts built by AWS in collaboration with AWS partners to automate the deployment of popular products and technologies on AWS.