AWS Technical Essentials Online introduces you to AWS products, services, and common solutions. It provides you with fundamentals to become more proficient in identifying AWS services so that you can make informed decisions about IT solutions based on your business requirements and get started working on AWS.
This course is designed to teach you how to:
- Describe basic data center design concepts.
- Recognize terminology and concepts as they relate to the AWS platform and navigate the AWS Management Console.
- Use the foundational infrastructure services, including Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Auto Scaling, and Elastic Load Balancing (ELB).
- Apply the security measures AWS provides and key concepts of AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Recognize AWS database services, including Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS).
- Describe AWS management tools, including Amazon CloudWatch and AWS Trusted Advisor.
- 3.5 hours of lecture
- 2.5 hours of hands-on labs
This course is intended for:
- Individuals responsible for articulating the technical benefits of AWS services to customers
- Individuals interested in learning how to get started with AWS
- SysOps administrators, Solution Architects and developers interested in using AWS services
This course will be delivered through a mix of:
- web-based training (WBT)
- hands-on labs
This course will cover the following concepts:
- Introduction and History of AWS
- AWS Infrastructure: Compute, Storage, and Networking
- AWS Security, Identity, and Access Management
- AWS Databases
- AWS Elasticity and Management Tools
Want to get hands-on practice working with AWS? Self-paced labs help you learn how to work with AWS services so you can gain confidence with the AWS platform. Each lab walks you through step-by-step instructions to complete a pre-designed scenario using the AWS Console in a live practice environment. With labs you can:
- Gain practical, hands-on experience working with technology in a practice environment
- Explore and experiment with new products
- Acquire new and practical skills in a convenient, flexible, and consumable format
Labs are currently available online, Activate members receive $80 in credits to use on these Labs.
More than 50 AWS self-paced labs are available ranging from introductory to advanced topics related to a wide range of AWS services including:
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR)
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- Amazon Elastic Load Balancing
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Amazon CloudFront
- Amazon Redshift
- Amazon DynamoDB