Discover New Material on the APN Portal for Windows on AWS
Since 2008, the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) Windows team has been focused on providing a Windows Server Environment on Amazon EC2 that is familiar to customers and easy to adopt. As AWS considers the needs of Windows IT Professionals, we focus on building services that integrate with tools that are familiar and make it easy for APN Partners and AWS Customers to use AWS for their Microsoft Workloads. Many customers, including Dole and Hess, are moving their Microsoft workloads to AWS. We’ve observed that when customers deploy their Microsoft workloads on AWS, the various applications work similar to being hosted on-premises, but customers experience the additional benefits of the AWS cloud, which include the ability to scale up and down as needed, increased speed and agility, and the trade of capital expense for variable expense. Since customers only pay for what they use without large upfront capital expenses, room is made in their budget for system integration.
With the adoption of the cloud, there is an increased need for AWS to identify and work with APN Partners who have deep experience in deploying Microsoft Workloads. We aim to provide comprehensive support to APN Partners as you build your AWS-based practice with a focus on Microsoft on AWS. The APN provides a number of specialized Programs, including the AWS Test Drive Program and the APN Competency Program, that include a focus on popular Microsoft workloads such as SharePoint, Exchange, and SQL and enable you to distinguish your firm as an expert in the deployment of Microsoft workloads on AWS. Today, we’re delighted to announce the release of a number of exclusive resources for APN Partners on the APN Portal that you can utilize as you learn more about some of the benefits of deploying Microsoft workloads on AWS.
Four New Assets Available on the APN Portal
- DevOps Can Focus on Innovation, not Infrastructure: In this document, we’ll introduce how AWS for Microsoft Windows Server provides an automated, high-performance environment where you can experiment with lower risk and deploy new features that add value faster.
- Running Microsoft SQL Server in the AWS Cloud: Discover how AWS for Microsoft Windows Server provides a wide range of secure, reliable database services that scale to align to ever-changing business needs.
- Flexible, Scalable, and Cost-Effective Websites in the AWS Cloud: Read about how AWS for Microsoft Windows Server provides a flexible, reliable, high-performance hosting solution for your website. You can scale up and down as needed, maintain global availability, and pay for only what you use.
- Move Your Windows Server 2003 Applications to the AWS Cloud: With the end of support for Windows Server 2003 fast approaching (a topic we’ll be blogging about soon), learn about how moving your legacy application to AWS for Windows can provide you with the time you need for migration planning and execution.
To access and download this material, please log in to the APN Portal, click on the ‘Content’ tab, and open the ‘Microsoft on AWS’ folder.
In addition to the new content added to the APN Portal, we want to ensure you’re aware of the wealth of resources made available to you on the AWS website and on the APN Portal. These include:
AWS Quick Start Guides: AWS Quick Start reference deployments help you rapidly deploy fully functional enterprise software on the AWS cloud, following AWS best practices for security and availability. We have a number of AWS Quick Starts available for deploying Microsoft workloads on AWS, including:
- Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC) on the AWS Cloud
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 on the AWS Cloud
- Microsoft Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC) and SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Groups on the AWS Cloud
- Deploy Remote Desktop Gateway on the AWS Cloud
- Active Directory Domain Services on the AWS Cloud
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 on the AWS Cloud
Additionally, we’ve produced a number of whitepapers covering Windows on the AWS Cloud. Click here to find the latest whitepapers and resources available.