Introducing the APN Customer Engagements (ACE) Program
By Aaron Barton, Head of APN Customer Engagements
We are excited to introduce the APN Customer Engagements (ACE) Program to help AWS Partner Network (APN) Partners drive successful customer engagements on AWS.
While our APN Opportunity Management Program has been available to APN Partners since September of 2017, the new ACE Program makes Standard-tier and above APN Partners eligible to receive engagements from Amazon Web Services (AWS).
The ACE Program provides APN Partners with the resources, tools, sales, and technical support they need to drive successful engagements with AWS customers.
Why Submit Opportunities Through the ACE Program?
APN Partners who participate in the ACE program receive exclusive benefits to help them engage with AWS customers. Top benefits include:
- Ability to manage information related to engagements with customers or potential customers on AWS.
- Resources to optimize customer engagements through sales, competitive, and technical support.
- Increased alignment with AWS Sales through bi-directional opportunity updates on AWS-validated opportunities.
How Can Eligible APN Partners Get Started?
Submitting an Opportunity
The APN Opportunity Management Program helps APN Partners who bring net-new opportunities to AWS increase their alignment with AWS Sales. The program enables all APN Partners to manage and track their pipeline of customers on AWS services through the Opportunity Management Tool in APN Partner Central (login required).
APN Partners (regardless of tier) are eligible to submit an opportunity. All APN Partners must accept the APN Customer Engagements Program Terms and Conditions before submitting an opportunity.
Here’s how eligible APN Partners can get started:
- Log in to APN Partner Central
- Select “Opportunities” from the main navigation menu
- Click “Add New”
- Fill in the applicable fields. There are two sections of the Opportunity Submission form. The first section requests end-customer information, while the second is where you include details about the opportunity being submitted.
- Once complete, APN Partners can review all information before submitting the opportunity for AWS validation.
See this step-by step-guide on how to submit an opportunity.
Receiving Customer Engagement Referrals
Eligible APN Partners can receive AWS Customer Engagements from AWS if they meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Standard, Advanced, or Premier-tier APN Partner
- Has submitted AWS-validated opportunities dependent on tier level
- Received 10 APN Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) reviews
- Has an active Partner Solutions Finder (PSF) directory listing
- APN Program designation such as AWS Competency, AWS Service Delivery, or AWS Managed Solution Provider (MSP) Program
- Identified lead and opportunity capabilities and preferences through the ACE Preferences Survey
- Commitment to provide updates on AWS Customer Engagement Referrals (e.g. leads and opportunities)
APN Partners can accept and work AWS Customer Referrals through the Opportunity Management platform in APN Partner Central.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply to the APN Customer Engagements (ACE) Program?
The ACE Program doesn’t require an application process. You become eligible when you meet the program requirements. We recommend submitting opportunities through the APN Opportunity Management Tool in APN Partner Central, encouraging your customers on AWS to complete CSAT reviews, and applying to APN Programs such as AWS Competency, AWS Service Delivery, and AWS MSP.
How does the ACE Program define AWS Customer Engagement Referrals?
AWS Customer Engagements Referrals encompass two categories: AWS opportunity referrals and AWS lead referrals.
- AWS lead referrals are inbound prospects generated by AWS that have engaged in one or more AWS marketing activities and have consented to be engaged with by APN Partners to assist with their AWS needs.
- AWS opportunity referrals are AWS-referred leads that have been qualified by AWS Sales and have consented to be engaged with by APN Partners.
What is an AWS-validated opportunity?
An AWS-validated opportunity represents net-new AWS business and has been thoroughly prospected by your firm to clearly define the end-customer’s needs, pain points, and what your firm is proposing to solve.
Where do I submit AWS-validated opportunities?
Opportunities are submitted through the APN Opportunity Management Tool in APN Partner Central. See the “Submitting an Opportunity” section above.
APN Partners assume responsibility of obtaining the appropriate consent from a customer prior to submitting an opportunity to AWS. If your customer does not want to disclose personal contact information (name, email address, phone number), please provide an alternate contact within your firm.
Learn more about the new ACE Program during our webinar on Wednesday, July 18 at 7:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. or 7:00 p.m. PDT.