What’s New With Our AWS Big Data Competency Partners?
The following is a guest post from Ken Chestnut, Global Ecosystem Lead, Big Data, AWS
The AWS Partner Network (APN) is designed to help APN Partners build a successful AWS-based business through technical and GTM support. Today, the APN includes tens of thousands of Consulting and Technology partners. Given the broad selection of partner services and offerings available via APN, customers have sought the go to partners in specific solution areas, such as Big Data, Migration, Security, DevOps, and Storage to name a few. To address our customers’ needs, AWS launched the AWS Competency Program to highlight APN Partners who have demonstrated technical proficiency and proven customer success in specialized segments. Big Data was the first competency launched under this program.
Today, the AWS Big Data Competency includes more than twenty technology partners and over thirty consulting partners listed here.
In this inaugural blog post, we want to highlight some of the latest updates and news from a few of our Big Data Competency Partners that may be of interest to AWS customers and other partners in the ecosystem:
- Looker recently hosted a fireside chat with the Director of Data Analytics at the Economist Group who describes how the Economist Group started with a 5 year plan to build their data culture. You can view the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDC_NRi8Ep0
- Matillion recently released ‘Matillion ETL for Redshift’, version 1.22.5. Learn more here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWEKnO9uWOY
- Splunk recently posted a blog describing how AWS and Splunk work together to drive customer success highlighting joint customers, such as Autodesk, Coca-Cola North America, EnerNOC, and Finra here: http://blogs.splunk.com/2016/06/22/aws-video/. One of our partner solution architects also wrote a guest blog post on Splunk’s new integration with Amazon ECS: http://blogs.splunk.com/2016/07/13/docker-amazon-ecs-splunk-how-they-now-all-seamlessly-work-together/. Finally, the v4.2 release of the Splunk App for AWS is highlighted here: http://blogs.splunk.com/2016/05/31/splunk-app-aws/.
- Tableau discusses RedMart, a Singapore-based online grocery marketplace, that cut its analysis time by 70%-80% using Tableau and Amazon Redshift: http://www.tableau.com/stories/customer/redmart-cuts-analytics-time-70-80-percent-tableau. India’s CIOL wrote an article titled, “Fish, Diapers, Grapes and Data: The RedMart connect”, that discusses RedMart’s data strategy in-depth.
- Finally, Treasure Data describes testing big data in pandas, an open source library with easy-to-use data structures and data analysis tools for Python, using Amazon EC2 R3 instances: https://blog.treasuredata.com/blog/2016/07/26/testing-big-data-in-pandas-with-aws-ec2-instance-r3-8xlarge/
Do you have feedback? Are you an AWS Big Data Competency Partner who would like submit to this blog? Let us know! Please send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.