Wednesday Link Mania
Here are some interesting links I dug up this morning:
- Neurofuzzy: Amazon S3 PHP Class Update.
- Jonathan Siegel: Sandboxing Amazon EC2. Jonathan also runs the Amazon EC2 blog.
- There’s some good traffic on the Hadoop mailing list about Hadoop and EC2. Hadoop is the open source version of MapReduce that I mentioned in my previous post.
- Barcamp Vancouver stored their videos in Amazon S3 using the first cut of an open sourced video storage tool similar to Youtube.
- The Apokalyptik blog listed 5 Excellent Uses for Amazon EC2.
- Martin Kochanski’s S3 in Business series is now complete.
- Finally, the EC2 team has been a frequent participant in the discussion boards. M. David Peterson, Another frequent board participant, recognized their efforts and their ability to have a good time while doing so, in Hackers Hacking Hackers Hacking Humor. As he says:
“Can I just state that youve not only a proven time and time again that youre a pleasure to do business with, but your sense of humor showcases one very important thing: Youre human, just like the rest of us.”