New courses, resources, and updates from AWS Training and Certification in December
Editor’s note: Below is a summary of new courses, AWS Certification news, and AWS Partner information from AWS Training and Certification for December 2021. Dive in and explore more new and updated training content—four new storage courses, AWS Step Functions courses, an AWS Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) course, AWS Elemental courses, and security governance and AWS Well-Architected Best Practices classroom courses. Partners can explore two new courses—Advanced Migration & Modernization Sales Training and Building Data Lakes on AWS. Additional updates include more information about the upcoming AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty beta exam.
New AWS Digital Training
Three new Amazon Elastic Block Storage (EBS) deep-dive digital courses
Want to dive deep into Amazon EBS? These three, free, advanced-level digital courses examine how to configure and manage Amazon EBS volumes and file systems, how to manage the performance of those EBS volumes and file systems, and how to manage your organization’s Amazon EBS costs. The courses are intended for a technical audience and dive deep into the content through use cases, demonstrations, and knowledge checks with detailed feedback within each module.
- In the one-hour course, Deep Dive: Managing and Monitoring Amazon Block Store (Amazon EBS), you’ll explore how to modify the size, performance, and type of their EBS volume deployments. Implementing automated snapshots, employing volume encryption, and creating alarms are also covered in depth. Learn more about Deep Dive: Managing and Monitoring Amazon Block Store (Amazon EBS) and register today.
- In the one-hour course, Deep Dive: Amazon Block Store (Amazon EBS) Performance Optimization, you’ll explore how to tune Amazon EBS performance to meet specific application needs, examine how application tuning design applies to Amazon EBS volumes, and review how sequential and random input/output operations impact Amazon EBS performance. Troubleshooting Amazon EBS performance issues is also covered. Learn more about Deep Dive: Amazon Block Store (Amazon EBS) Performance Optimization and register today.
- In the 30-minute course, Deep Dive: Amazon Block Store (Amazon EBS) Cost Optimization, you’ll explore cost saving techniques achieved by managing under-utilized resources and making appropriate changes to Amazon EBS volume characteristics. The course also covers instituting snapshot and data lifecycle policies that minimize costs while meeting application availability. Learn more about Deep Dive: Amazon Block Store (Amazon EBS) Cost Optimization and register today.
New digital course on Amazon Elastics File System (Amazon EFS)
Want to learn how to get started with Amazon EFS? This new intermediate, 30-minute digital course, Amazon Elastic File Systems (Amazon EFS) Primer, introduces you to the benefits of using Amazon EFS and helps you explore how Amazon EFS integrates with other AWS services. It also outlines how to create an Amazon EFS file system and includes knowledge checks with detailed feedback within each module. The course is intended for builders, architects, and decision makers. Learn more about Amazon Elastic File Systems (Amazon EFS) Primer and register today.
Developing Serverless Applications with AWS Step Functions
AWS is launching a four-course series focused on Step Functions. The series is intended for anyone who wants to learn more about Step Functions and the benefits of using them. We recommend that you these courses in order and have prior knowledge of serverless technologies.
- How do I get started with Step Functions? Step Functions let developers plan AWS services, automate business processes, and build serverless applications. The free, 35-minute, digital course, Introduction to AWS Step Functions, explains its benefits, how to use them, the different components, and when to utilize the two types of workflows—Standard and Express. There are no prerequisites, as this is a Fundamental course and the first in a series of four about Step Functions. Get started with Introduction to AWS Step Functions.
- How do Step Functions work? This 55-minute, digital course for developers and cloud architects includes a video demonstration and explains when and how to use Standard and Express Workflows, how to integrate Step Functions with other AWS services, and more. Learn how to build your first Step Function with How AWS Step Functions Work.
- What’s the best way to log, monitor, and trace Step Function workflows? Observability for AWS Step Functions is a one-and-a-half-hour digital course that helps developers and cloud architects learn how to log, monitor, and trace Step Function workflows using a variety of AWS services. By the end of the course, you’ll know how to integrate Step Functions with other services and how to debug and troubleshoot Step Function workflows. Learn more about Observability for AWS Step Functions.
- Can I implement different developer tools into my Step Functions? Yes! Developer Tooling for AWS Step Functions, a 55-minute, intermediate-level course for experienced developers and cloud architects, explains how and when to use development options. You’ll learn how to test Step Functions locally. Learn more about Developer Tooling for AWS Step Functions.
An opportunity to learn about the Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT)
Interested in a career that utilizes the IIoT? With the proliferation of devices in our homes, cars, places of business, schools, etc., there’s an increasing need for solutions to connect them and collect, store, and analyze device data. This new digital course, Industrial IoT Fundamentals on AWS, provides learners with an introduction to IIoT and the AWS Internet of Things (IoT) Greengrass. It also outlines the difference between IoT and IIoT and sensors, gateways and cloud things; it also explains the use of machine learning in IIoT and security in IIoT. The 12-hour course is intended for those who aspire to roles like IoT software developer, IoT embedded developer, IoT cloud developer, or enterprise architect with IoT applications. Visit Coursera and edX to register.
Updated AWS Elemental Live digital courses – Foundations, Advanced, Conductor, and new AWS Elemental Statmux
Do you want to gain a deeper understanding of how to use AWS Elemental Live? We updated three, free, self-paced digital AWS Elemental courses and released a new, fourth course. The updated courses include AWS Elemental Live Foundations, AWS Elemental Live Advanced, and AWS Elemental Conductor. AWS Elemental Statmux is a new course that requires learners take the aforementioned three courses in advance. These courses are designed for video operator/broadcast engineers, developers, and systems architects.
- AWS Elemental Live Foundations is a 120-minute foundational course designed to teach you how to navigate AWS Elemental Live; create an event; troubleshoot system logs, alerts, and messages; resolve common issues; and conduct basic maintenance, including configuring, reinstalling, and kickstarting. Learn more about AWS Elemental Live Foundations and register today.
- Dive deeper with AWS Elemental Live Advanced, an intermediate-level, 120-minute course, to learn best practices for setting up commonly used input types like RTMP and output types like archive, HPPT live streaming (HLS), and DASH. Learn how to optimally configure events by exploring best practices for failover and hot backup, dynamic content switching, static and motion graphic overlays, ad avails, ad blanking, and SCTE-35 markers, digital rights management, and video quality tuning with variable bitrate (VBR) and quality-defined variable bitrate (QVBR). Learn more about AWS Elemental Live Advanced and register today.
- In the 120-minute, intermediate-level AWS Elemental Conductor course, you’ll learn how to build profiles and streamlined channels; configure bulk tasks to start, stop and modify groups of channels; automate channel operations using scheduling actions; configure nodes to protect against single points of failure; and investigate logs, alerts, and messages. Learn more about AWS Elemental Conductor and register today.
- AWS Elemental Statmux is a 60-minute, intermediate-level course that helps you learn best practices for architecting, configuring, and monitoring AWS Elemental Statmux, which improves bandwidth efficiency, reducing cost while preserving video quality. Learn more about AWS Elemental Statmux and register today.
New AWS classroom courses
Launching new AWS Security Governance at Scale course
Curious about security and governance? AWS Security Governance at Scale is a one-day, intermediate-level classroom course that provides technical security stakeholders with an introduction to designing and implementing security and governance at AWS. The course is designed to give learners an introduction to core AWS security and governance concepts, such as control types, landing zones, guardrails, and compliance-as-code. The course uses reference architecture, instructor demonstrations, and interactive labs to reinforce learning. Learn more about AWS Security Governance at Scale and register today (Customers, Partners, Amazonians).
AWS Well-Architected Best Practices course
AWS customers and Partners asked for more hands-on AWS Well-Architected training and that’s what this new course delivers. AWS Well-Architected Best Practices is a one-day classroom course that dives deep into the AWS Well-Architected Framework and its five pillars—operational excellence, security, reliability, performance efficiency, and cost optimization. The course includes five interactive labs and knowledge checks with detailed feedback within each module. Attendees will walk away understanding the impact of design decisions. It’s intended for an intermediate-level technical audience, such as architects and developers who have completed Architecting on AWS or have equivalent knowledge. Learn more about AWS Well-Architected Best Practices and register today (Customers, Partners, Amazonians).
New training for AWS Partners
AWS Training for Partners: Advanced Migration & Modernization Sales Training and Building Data Lakes on AWS
Are you a Partner looking to support your customers with the latest cloud solutions? If so, these courses can help. AWS Partner: Advanced Migration & Modernization Sales Training is the first advanced-level course for Partners who want to be an AWS Migration & Modernizations Advanced seller. Partners will learn to build and deploy scalable, secure data lakes with AWS Lake Formation, AWS Glue, Amazon Athena, and Amazon QuickSight during AWS Partner: Building Data Lakes on AWS.
- During the two-and-a-half-hour digital course, AWS Partner: Advanced Migration & Modernization Sales Training, Partners will hear from AWS experts about best practices for interacting with customers and their past experiences with an advanced selling strategies. Partners will access tools and templates to develop their personal advanced migration and a modernization selling strategy will be provided. Prerequisites for this course include AWS Partner: Migrating to AWS – Business (Classroom, Digital). Learn more about AWS Partner: Advanced Migration & Modernization Sales Training and register today.
- Partners taking the one-day classroom course, AWS Partner: Building Data Lakes on AWS, will learn about:
- Building an operational data lake that supports analyses of both structured and unstructured data
- The components and functionality of the services involved in creating a data lake
- Using AWS Lake Formation to build a data lake
- Using AWS Glue to build a data catalog and transform data
- Using AWS Athena to analyze data and AWS QuickSight to visualize data from the data lake
- The course is intended for a technical audience, including solution architects or DataOps engineers. Learn more about AWS Partner: Building Data Lakes on AWS and register today.
Coming soon: AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty beta exam
Registration for new AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty certification beta exam opens January 25
Want to be one of the first to validate your expertise in designing and maintaining network architecture for the breadth of AWS services with the new version of the AWS Advanced Networking – Specialty exam? This new version includes updated content across all domains and new objectives aligned with AWS Networking innovations. It reinforces complex networking scenarios, including global and hybrid networks, network security, operational efficiency, and governance. The exam is intended for experienced solutions architects with five to seven years or more of experience who have a networking focus and design, implementation, and troubleshooting expertise. Learn more about the AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty exam today.
AWS Training and Certification empowers learners around the world with various skill levels, roles, and backgrounds to build knowledge and practical skills. We offer more than 500 free, on-demand AWS courses that help customers learn new cloud skills and services when and where it’s convenient for them, as part of Amazon’s commitment to train 29 million people around the world with free cloud skills training. Additionally, AWS Classroom Training offers live classes with expert instructors who teach in-demand cloud skills and best practices using a mix of presentations, discussions, and interactive labs. When you’re ready to validate your skills and expertise, pursue AWS Certifications to build credibility and confidence with an industry-recognized credential across 11 solution- and role-based certifications. Our training and certification offerings cover the range of AWS services from AWS foundational skills, machine learning, security, data analytics, systems operations, AWS architecture, databases, and more. We also help cultivate the next generation of cloud professionals through our AWS Education Programs, including AWS Academy and AWS re/Start, which provide cloud skills training and AWS Certification opportunities to young adults and individuals re-entering the workforce.
Organizations across the globe are seeking individuals skilled in the transformative technologies of the cloud. Developed at the source, AWS Training and Certification equips diverse builders with the knowledge they need to leverage the power of the AWS Cloud. Follow us today on LinkedIn.