AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder - Specialty
Validate your ability to build, test, and publish Amazon Alexa skills.
The AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder - Specialty certification is intended for individuals who perform a role as an Alexa skill builder. It validates a candidate’s ability to build, test, and publish Amazon Alexa skills.
Abilities Validated by the Certification
- Explain the value of voice
- Design the user experience
- Design the architecture to build the skill
- Follow AWS and Alexa security best practices for the skill
- Develop, test, validate, and troubleshoot the skill
- Manage the skill-publishing process and work with the Alexa Developer Console
- Manage skill operations and life cycles
- At least 6 months of hands-on experience building Alexa skills using the Alexa Skills Kit, including skills that incorporate services from the AWS Cloud
- Proficiency with a programming language
- Published an Alexa skill
Prepare for Your Exam
Alexa for Developers
Digital | 2 hours
Learn what it takes to build, test, publish, and certify Amazon Alexa skills with the Alexa Skills Kit (ASK). This course covers core skills, ASK Software Development Kit (SDK) concepts, and ASK integration with other AWS services. Learners can also study design concepts and see how designing a voice-user interface (VUI) differs from designing web or mobile apps.
Getting in the Voice Mindset
Digital | 30 minutes
Get a quick introduction to voice-based applications. Learn why voice-based applications are the ubiquitous expectation these days and how they can add value to a business.
Introduction to Skill Concepts
Digital | 5 minutes
In this short interactive course, you'll learn about different components of an utterance and examples of how one might interact with Alexa to invoke a skill.
Designing for Conversation
Digital | 1.5 hours
Learn about the design methods we recommend you use to develop engaging conversational voice user interfaces (VUIs). You'll follow the process we used to design “The Foodie” skill for Alexa, imagining and analyzing user interactions through a series of exercises aimed at exposing and designing around the nuances of human conversation.