AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Validate your cloud expertise with an industry-recognized credential and grow your career.
The AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner examination is intended for individuals who have the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively demonstrate an overall understanding of the AWS Cloud, independent of specific technical roles addressed by other AWS Certifications.
Becoming an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner is a recommended step in achieving Specialty certification or an optional start toward Associate-level certification.
Abilities Validated by the Certification
- Define what the AWS Cloud is and the basic global infrastructure
- Describe basic AWS Cloud architectural principles
- Describe the AWS Cloud value proposition
- Describe key services on the AWS platform and their common use cases (for example, compute and analytics)
- Describe basic security and compliance aspects of the AWS platform and the shared security model
- Define the billing, account management, and pricing models
- Identify sources of documentation or technical assistance (for example, whitepapers or support tickets)
- Describe basic/core characteristics of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud
- We recommend candidates have at least six months of experience with the AWS Cloud in any role, including technical, managerial, sales, purchasing, or financial
- Candidates should have a basic understanding of IT services and their uses in the AWS Cloud platform
Prepare for Your Exam
The best preparation for certification exams is practical experience. We recommend one or more years of hands-on experience using AWS.
Multiple choice, multiple answer
90 minutes to complete the exam
Available in English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese
AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials (2nd Edition)
Digital | 4.5 hours
In this fundamental-level course, you’ll gain an overall understanding of AWS Cloud, independent of specific technical roles. It provides a detailed overview of cloud concepts, AWS services, security, architecture, pricing, and support. This course also helps you prepare for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam.
AWS Technical Essentials
Classroom | 1 day
In this introductory course, you will learn about AWS products, services, and common solutions. You will learn the fundamentals of identifying AWS services so that you can make informed decisions about IT solutions based on your business requirements.
AWS Business Essentials
Classroom | 1 day
In this course, you will learn the benefits of cloud computing and how a cloud strategy can help you meet your business objectives. This course explores the advantages of cloud computing for your business and the fundamentals of AWS, including financial benefits.