AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
Validate your technical skills and expertise with an industry-recognized credential and grow your career.
The AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate examination is intended for systems administrators in a systems operations role with one to two years of experience in deployment, management, and operations on AWS.
Abilities Validated by the Certification
- Deploy, manage, and operate scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on AWS
- Implement and control the flow of data to and from AWS
- Select the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements
- Identify appropriate use of AWS operational best practices
- Estimate AWS usage costs and identify operational cost control mechanisms
- Migrate on-premises workloads to AWS
- Understanding of the AWS tenets – architecting for the cloud
- Hands-on experience with the AWS CLI and SDKs/API tools
- Understanding of network technologies as they relate to AWS
- Understanding of security concepts with hands-on experience in implementing security controls and compliance requirements
- Understanding of virtualization technology
- Monitoring and auditing systems experience
- Knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., DNS, TCP/IP, and firewalls)
- Ability to translate architectural requirements
Prepare for Your Exam
The best preparation for certification exams is practical experience. We recommend one to two years of hands-on experience using AWS.
Training can help you advance your technical skills and learn best practices for working with AWS.
AWS Technical Essentials
Classroom | 1 day
In this introductory course, you will learn about AWS products, services, and common solutions. You will learn the fundamentals of identifying AWS services so that you can make informed decisions about IT solutions based on your business requirements.
Systems Operations on AWS
Classroom | 3 day
In this course, you will learn how to create automatable and repeatable deployments of networks and systems on the AWS platform. We will explore the AWS features and tools related to configuration and deployment and best practices for configuring and deploying systems.