Amazon Chime Voice Connector Service Level Agreement
Last Updated: April 17, 2020
This Amazon Chime Voice Connector Service Level Agreement (“SLA”) is a policy governing the use of Amazon Chime Voice Connector and applies separately to each account using Amazon Chime Voice Connector. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this SLA and the terms of the AWS Customer Agreement or other agreement with us governing your use of our Services (the “Agreement”), the terms and conditions of this SLA apply, but only to the extent of such conflict. Capitalized terms used herein but not defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Agreement.
AWS will use commercially reasonable efforts to make Amazon Chime Voice Connector available with the applicable Monthly Uptime Percentage during any monthly billing cycle (the “Service Commitment”). In the event Amazon Chime Voice Connector does not meet the Service Commitment, you will be eligible to receive a Service Credit as described below.
Service Credits are calculated as a percentage of the total charges paid by you for Amazon Chime Voice Connector that did not meet the Monthly Uptime Percentage commitment in a billing cycle in accordance with the schedule below.
|Monthly Uptime Percentage||Service Credit Percentage
|Less than 99.99% but greater than or equal to 99.0%||10%|
|Less than 99.0% but greater than or equal to 95.0%||25%|
|Less than 95.0%||100%|
We will apply any Service Credits only against future Amazon Chime Voice Connector payments otherwise due from you. At our discretion, we may issue the Service Credits to the credit card you used to pay for the billing cycle in which the unavailability occurred. Service Credits will not entitle you to any refund or other payment from AWS. A Service Credit will be applicable and issued only if the credit amount for the applicable monthly billing cycle is greater than one dollar ($1 USD). Service Credits may not be transferred or applied to any other account. Unless otherwise provided in the Agreement, your sole and exclusive remedy for any unavailability, non-performance, or other failure by us to provide an Amazon Chime Voice Connector is the receipt of a Service Credit (if eligible) in accordance with the terms of this SLA.
Credit Request and Payment Procedures
To receive a Service Credit, you must submit a claim by opening a case in the AWS Support Center. To be eligible, the credit request must be received by us by the end of the second billing cycle after which the incident occurred and must include:
- the words “SLA Credit Request” in the subject line;
- the billing cycle and AWS regions with respect to which you are claiming Service Credits, together with the Monthly Uptime Percentage for that AWS region for the billing cycle and the specific dates and times of 5-minute intervals where Down time was experienced in that AWS region throughout the billing cycle;
- your request logs that document the errors and corroborate your claimed outage (any confidential or sensitive information in these logs should be removed or replaced with asterisks).
If the Monthly Uptime Percentage applicable to the month of such request is confirmed by us and is less than the applicable Service Commitment, then we will issue the Service Credit to you within one billing cycle following the month in which your request is confirmed by us. Your failure to provide the request and other information as required above will disqualify you from receiving a Service Credit.
Amazon Chime Voice connector SLA Exclusions
The Service Commitment does not apply to any unavailability, suspension or termination of Amazon Chime Voice Connector, or any other Amazon Chime Voice Connector performance issues: (i) caused by factors outside of our reasonable control, including any force majeure event, telecom carrier or Internet access or related problems beyond the demarcation point of Amazon Chime Voice Connector; (ii) that result from any actions or inactions of you or any third party including but not limited to: configuration, integrations or customer/3rd party actions, problems on customer’s network (e.g. firewall, router, switch, telecom circuits, etc.); (iii) related to or caused by your development, testing, and monitoring (e.g. load testing); (iv) resulting from failure to follow the guidelines or exceeding the limitations described in the Amazon Chime Voice Connector Documentation on the AWS Site; (v) that result from your equipment, software, or other technology; and/or third party equipment, software, or other technology (other than third party equipment within our direct control); or (vi) arising from our suspension or termination of your right to use Amazon Chime Voice Connector in accordance with the Agreement (collectively, the “Amazon Chime Voice Connector SLA Exclusions”).
Additionally, to qualify for the SLA credit, you must have an Enterprise Support plan in place and as part of this plan, complete a “Well-Architected Review” with an AWS Solutions Architect (collectively the “Amazon Chime Voice Connector SLA Requirements”).
If availability is impacted by factors other than those explicitly used in our Monthly Uptime Percentage calculation, then we may issue a Service Credit considering such factors at our discretion.
- Amazon Chime Voice Connector is considered “Down” in a 5-minute interval if all of the Voice Connectors in an AWS account fail to process inbound or outbound calls in that interval. Failure to process an inbound call means the service returns a SIP 5XX Server Failure status code or does not respond to a carrier partner in response to a properly constructed SIP INVITE message. Failure to process an outbound call means the service returns a SIP 5XX Server Failure status code or does not respond to your phone system in response to a properly constructed SIP INVITE message as documented in the Amazon Chime Voice Connector Documentation. If you did not place or receive any calls in a given 5-minute interval, that interval is assumed to be 100% available.
- “Monthly Uptime Percentage" for Amazon Chime Voice Connector is calculated by subtracting from 100% the percentage of 5-minute intervals during the monthly billing cycle in which Amazon Voice Connector was Down for all Amazon Chime Voice Connector instances in an account. If the Amazon Chime Voice Connector service is not used in production for the entire month, it is assumed to be 100% available for the portion of the month when not in production use. Monthly Uptime Percentage measurements exclude downtime resulting directly or indirectly from any Amazon Chime Voice Connector SLA Exclusion.
- A “Service Credit” is a dollar credit, calculated as set forth above, that we may credit back to an eligible Amazon Chime Voice Connector account.