Important information about this tool
This tool, eb, and its documentation have been replaced with the EB Command Line Interface (CLI) and will no longer be updated. The EB CLI has similar commands, but superior capabilities. For more information, see Installing the EB Command Line Interface and Getting Started with the EB CLI.
- 2014-12-12 - Tool deprecated
- 2012-11-12 - Added support for the Asia Pacific (Sydney) region.
- 2012-11-01 - Added support for Ruby and Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC).
- 2012-10-02 - Fix issue when terminating some environments.
- 2012-09-04 - Added support for the Asia Pacific (Singapore) region.
- 2012-08-19 - Added support for the Python container and Amazon Relational Database Service database instances.
- 2012-07-10 - Added support for the US West (Oregon) and US West (N. California) regions.
- 2012-06-27 - Added the eb command line interface.
- 2012-05-16 - Added support for the EU (Ireland) region.
- 2012-04-23 - Added support for the Asia Pacific (Tokyo) region.
- 2012-03-20 - Added the Git client extension for AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
- 2012-02-27 - The elastic-beanstalk-describe-environments and elastic-beanstalk-describe-events can now accept date values (such as "2012-02-27").
- 2012-02-27 - Fixed minor bugs with elastic-beanstalk-describe-environments and elastic-beanstalk-terminate-environment.
- 2011-10-06 - DescribeEnvironments call now accepts an optional MaxRecords parameter.
- 2011-09-02 - Includes the latest Mozilla CA bundle to improve security over SSL.
- 2011-06-29 - Added the elastic-beanstalk-swap-environment-cnames command which swaps environment CNAMEs between two running environments.
- 2011-06-29 - Removed unneeded options from the elastic-beanstalk-describe-configuration-settings command.
- 2011-05-24 - The elastic-beanstalk-create-configuration-template command can now create configuration templates based on running environments.
- 2011-04-22 - The elastic-beanstalk-describe-environments command no longer outputs the 'Resources' field in the tabular output.
- 2011-02-07 - Delimiter ',' is now used in elastic-beanstalk-describe-applications call to delimit the list of Configuration templates in the result.
- 2011-02-07 - The elastic-beanstalk-delete-configuration-template command properly evaluates the 'template-name' parameter passed in.
- 2011-01-31 - The elastic-beanstalk-describe-configuration-settings command now correctly calls the DescribeConfigurationSettings API.
About This Sample
- This package contains the eb command line interface, the api-based AWS Elastic Beanstalk command line interface and the Git client extension for AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk allows developers to quickly deploy and manage applications in the AWS cloud. Simply upload your application to Elastic Beanstalk, and Elastic Beanstalk automatically handles the deployment details of capacity provisioning, load balancing, auto-scaling, and application health monitoring.
- Visit Using the AWS Elastic Beanstalk Command Line Tools for more information on how to get started.
- You must be signed up to use AWS Elastic Beanstalk. You can sign up for AWS Elastic Beanstalk at http://aws.amazon.com/elasticbeanstalk/.
- Please refer to included Readme for installation details.
Running the Sample
- Run the sample using a command line interface. For example: