AWS ISV Workload Migration Program
AWS ISV Workload Migration Program Prerequisites
APN Consulting and Technology Partners interested in participating in the ISV Workload Migration Program must meet the following prerequisites prior to applying:
- Select, Advanced, or Premier Tier APN Technology Partner or APN Consulting Partner
- Able to demonstrate deployment and migration of a nominated ISV workload
- Have an on-premises install base of the workload to migrate to AWS
- Have an offering of the workload running on AWS deployed as SaaS, AWS Marketplace listing, BYOL, or MSP
The AWS ISV Workload Migration Program offers participating APN Partners the following benefits:
Development of a migration playbook (“WMP Playbook”) is key to participation in the WMP. A WMP Playbook is a technical document that provides a set of repeatable and comprehensive guidelines for migrating an end-customer’s ISV workload to AWS. APN Partners will work with the WMP Partner Solutions Architect team to establish a WMP Playbook for the qualified ISV workload.
The WMP may invest up to 10-15% of the overall post-migration AWS annual recurring revenue (ARR). The funding rate will be based on the projected AWS ARR driven by the ISV workload and complexity of the migration. Funding will be provided either in the form of cash or AWS Promotional Credits. For additional information please reach out to the WMP team.
The WMP offers APN Partners certain marketing-related support in the form of speaking engagements, blog inclusion, agency alignment for content creation, and more. A variety of helpful marketing resources are also available in APN Marketing Central, which provide guidance on logo usage, best practices for case study creation, how to access Acceleration Funding (applicable to Advanced and Premier APN Partners only), and more.
A participating APN Partner’s page on the AWS Partner Solution Finder pages will include WMP in the list of programs unique to that APN Partner. There may also be opportunities to participate in AWS-led WMP promotion initiatives.
The AWS ISV Workload Migration Program provides a prescriptive migration approach as well as technical, funding, and go-to-market support to accelerate migrations of a customer's ISV workloads to AWS.
If you are interested in applying, follow the steps listed below:
Satisfy APN Tier Requirements
In order to apply for the AWS ISV Workload Migration Program, APN Partners must meet APN Select tier requirements.
Follow the steps below to ensure your organization's Partner Scorecard is up-to-date and to apply for your APN Upgrade.
APN Tier (Select [formerly Standard], Advanced, or Premier): Once your Partner Scorecard is up-to-date, apply to Upgrade your organization’s APN membership, follow the steps below:
Step #1: Log in to APN Partner Central
Step #2: Click on "View Partner Scorecard" from left navigation
Step #3: Submit APN Partner compliance details
Step #4: Click "Apply to Upgrade"
Meet AWS ISV Workload Migration Program Requirements
In order to participate in the AWS ISV Workload Migration Program, you must have a workload to be migrated to AWS.
- Able to demonstrate deployment and migration of an ISV workload
- Existing offering running on AWS in the form of: SaaS, AWS Marketplace, BYOL, or MSP
- On-premises install base of the workload to migrate to AWS
Once the workload has been qualified, the APN Partner’s migration methodology will be validated for repeatability and AWS deployment best practices by the WMP APN Partner Solutions Architect (“PSA”) team.
WMP APN Partner Solutions Architect Validation includes:
- Review of application architecture, migration methodology, deployment models
- Participation in a WMP Playbook workshop to develop a new or validate an existing methodology, ensuring alignment with the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Evaluation of automation options, Quick Starts, and migration patterns and tooling
Apply for the AWS ISV Workload Migration Program
Once your organization has met the AWS ISV Workload Migration Program requirements, please submit an application and we will be in touch with next steps.