How do I resolve the CloudFormer error “No default VPC found for this user” in AWS CloudFormation?
Last updated: 2019-08-27
The CloudFormer template creation tool fails to launch with the error "No default VPC found for this user."
If you choose Default for the VPCSelection parameter when you launch a stack and you don't have a default Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC), you receive the error "No default VPC found for this user."
To resolve this error, do one of the following:
- Create a new default VPC
- Create a new VPC using the CloudFormer template
- Launch CloudFormer into an existing VPC
Create a new default VPC
For instructions, see Creating a Default VPC.
Create a new VPC using the CloudFormer template
- Open the AWS CloudFormation console, and then choose Create Stack.
- Select the Choose a template option, choose CloudFormer, and then choose Next.
- In the Parameters section, enter your details for Password and Username.
- For VPCSelection, choose CreateNewVPC, and then choose Next.
- On the Options page, choose Next.
- On the Review page, select the I acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources. check box, and then choose Create.
Launch CloudFormer into an existing VPC
Use the CloudFormer-Existing-VPC.json custom template to launch CloudFormer into your existing VPC.
Note: You must choose a public subnet.