How do I create a Lightsail load balancer with an SSL/TLS certificate to use with my Lightsail instances?
Last updated: 2020-05-08
How do I create an Amazon Lightsail load balancer with an SSL/TLS certificate to use with my Lightsail instances?
A Lightsail load balancer enables better performance from your web applications by distributing inbound web traffic across your Lightsail instances in multiple Availability Zones. Attaching an SSL certificate to your Lightsail load balancer encrypts traffic between your browser and web server for an extra layer of security.
- Create a Lightsail load balancer in the Lightsail console, and then attach instances to it.
- Create an SSL/TLS certificate for the Lightsail load balancer.
- Validate your domain ownership.
- Attach the validated SSL/TLS certificate to the Lightsail load balancer.
- Verify HTTPS access to the Lightsail load balancer. Open your browser and verify that there is a green padlock symbol next the website domain URL. The green padlock symbol confirms HTTPS access to your domain.