Test your setup
1. Open a web browser, and in the address bar, type the endpoint URL that was generated when you completed the steps in “Enable static website hosting for your Amazon S3 bucket.” Follow this format: http://YOUR-S3-ENDPOINT-URL/
2. Do the following to complete the onboarding form for AppStream 2.0 enterprise application onboarding:
• Enter in First Name, Last Name and Email to an e-mail box you have access to.
• For Email, type the email address that was added and verified when you completed the steps in “Add and verify a new email address identity in Amazon SES.”
• For Department Code, type a unique identifier. This ID is appended to the end of the names of the AppStream 2.0 resources that are created.
• Choose Start.
3. If the request is successful, within a few seconds you are redirected to the following topic in the AppStream 2.0 technical documentation: Create a Custom AppStream 2.0 Image by Using the AppStream 2.0 Console
4. During this time, an AppStream 2.0 image builder is also created. To confirm that the image builder was created, do the following:
• Open the AppStream 2.0 console.
• In the navigation pane, choose Images.
• On the Image Builder tab, the name for the image builder that is created for you is based on the first name that you entered when you signed up for enterprise application onboarding, and the department code.
° For example, for a user who entered Jane as the first name and EAO as the department code, the name of the image that is created is JaneEAO.
° Within 30 minutes, you receive an e-mail that includes a link to connect to the image builder that is provisioned. The email subject line and body are as follows:
° Email subject line: Example Corp Enterprise Application Onboarding for
° Email body:
° Thank you for trying out the Example Corp Enterprise Application Onboarding demo. If this is your first time installing your application with AppStream2.0, you can check the getting started guide below for assistance. Otherwise, please click the connect link below to get started.
° Connect <This link is a streaming URL that lets you connect to the image builder that was provisioned when you signed up for application onboarding>
° Getting Started Guide
5. Click the Connect link, log onto the image builder as Administrator, and run Image Assistant to create an image. For information about how to create an image, see Tutorial: Create a Custom AppStream 2.0 Image by Using the AppStream 2.0 Console.
6. After you create your image, a fleet is created automatically based on the new image. Also, you receive a second e-mail that includes a link that lets you connect to a fleet instance for verification. The email subject line and body are as follows:
• Email subject line: Example Corp Enterprise Application Onboarding for
• Email body:
• Thank you for trying out the Example Corp Enterprise Application Onboarding demo. Your fleet is now created and ready for verification. Please use the connect link below to connect to the instance.
• Connect< This link is a streaming URL that lets you connect to the fleet instance that was provisioned automatically after you created your image>
• Getting Started Guide
7. Choose the Connect link to connect to the fleet instance and start an AppStream 2.0 streaming session.
8. After you receive the e-mail regarding the fleet, you will have one hour until the Step Functions state machine that you created invokes the StopResources Lambda function which will stop your fleet. This is done to control costs.