Developing applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS) or moving your business into the cloud is more straightforward than you think. Whether you are a developer eager to learn new skills, a solutions architect who wants to solve existing technology problems or an IT professional who wants to access cost-effective, on-demand computing resources and other services that will help you build, deploy and operate your applications and other IT workloads, this event is for you.
Please join Amazon Web Services for a free introductory session in one of the 5 cities we will be visiting in the coming weeks: Dublin, Edinburgh, Cambridge, Manchester and Bristol. We will cover some of the most popular Amazon Web Services products: Amazon Elastic Compute Service (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon CloudFront, Amazon Elastic Block Storage (EBS) and Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS).
- Understand: The benefits of cloud computing, including: no upfront investment and low ongoing costs, together with improved agility, flexible capacity and the ability to go global in minutes
- Discover: How AWS customers are using cloud computing to deliver successful projects
- Learn: What cloud computing is with AWS
- Hear: About the AWS services and how you can use them to run your applications and other IT workloads
- Systems Administrators, Solutions Architects, IT Professionals, Developers and anyone who is new to cloud computing or those who are familiar with the concept and want to learn more.
|City||Venue||Date||AWS Customer Story|
||Croke Park||11 June 2014
|Edinburgh||APEX Waterloo Place||17 June 2014||geo.me|
|Cambridge||DoubleTree Hilton||25 June 2014||Haven Power
|Manchester||DoubleTree Hilton||8 July 2014||Liverpool Football Club|
|Bristol||AT Bristol||10 July 2014||Superdry|
|On the Day|
|09:30am - 10:00am||Registration|
|10:00am - 10:45am||Presentation – AWS 101 - Introducing the concepts behind AWS such as utility computing and elasticity, we'll take you through everything on offer in AWS|
|10:45am – 11:00am||AWS Customer Story|
|11:00am - 11:15am||Coffee Break|
|11:15am - 12:00pm||Tips & tricks for getting started with AWS - This session outlines best practice guidance from AWS, tips and tricks and common pitfalls that you should avoid in order to ensure that your first steps with AWS are successful.
Dublin, 11 June 2014
Edinburgh, 17 June 2014
Apex Waterloo Place Hotel
23-27 Waterloo Place
Cambridge, 25 June 2014
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cambridge
Granta Place Mill Lane
Bristol, 10 July 2014