These Terms are an agreement between Amazon Corporate Services Taiwan Limited (“Amazon”) and you or the entity you represent ("you"). By registering for or participating in the Amazon Event, you confirm that you have read, understand and agree to these Terms. We may modify these Terms at any time by posting a revised version on the Event website or by providing other notice to you. By participating in the Event, you agree to the latest version of these Terms.
1. Registration. To register for the Event, you must complete the Event registration process. Event registration may close earlier than posted deadlines, as determined in our sole discretion. Event registrations are subject to availability.
2. Event Program and Amazon Cancellation. The Event program is subject to change. Amazon may cancel the Event at any time and may deny, limit or cancel a registration for the Event (including confirmed registrations) at any time. Amazon is not responsible for any damages, direct or indirect, resulting from such cancellation. In the event of any cancellation by you or Amazon, Sections 2 and 4-10 of these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
3. Code of Conduct. You agree to behave in such a way as to create a safe, supportive learning environment while at the Event and any related events. You agree not to engage in disruptive speech or behavior or otherwise interfere with the Event or other individuals’ participation in the Event. You will comply with all applicable laws and agree not to engage in any form of harassing, offensive, discriminatory or threatening speech or behavior, including relating to race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or disability. Amazon may require participants engaging or threatening to engage in such behavior to leave the Event or related event immediately. If you witness such behavior, you agree to promptly contact an Amazon staff member so direct action can be taken.
4. Personal Information. Please note that your contact details and other information we collect are subject to the AWS Privacy Notice (http://aws.amazon.com/privacy/). You consent to the collection, use and disclosure of the information you enter when registering for the Event by Amazon Asia Pacific Resources Private Limited and its affiliates in accordance with that Privacy Notice. Those entities will use your contact information to send details and announcements to you related to the Event, and may also communicate with you about their other offers, events or services if you opt in using the checkbox on the registration page. Please note that if the opt in checkbox is left blank, but you are already eligible to receive email marketing communications, you will still receive these.
5. License to Use Items. In consideration of the opportunity to participate in the Event, you grant to Amazon and its affiliates, agents, employees and assigns an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free right and license throughout the world and in perpetuity to reproduce, edit, publish, distribute or translate, for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes or for any other purpose relating to their business, all or any part of the following items (“Items”): (a) all still photographs and all audio and video recordings that Amazon or its independent contractors make of you or your voice or likeness in connection with the Event, including the right to use your name, likeness and biographical information, and (b) all materials (electronic or hard copy) submitted or presented by you in connection with the Event. You consent to the use of the Items pursuant to the foregoing in perpetuity without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from you and waive any moral rights you may have in the Items.
6. Assumption of Risk. You acknowledge and agree that your attendance and participation in the Event is voluntary. You agree to assume the risks associated with attending and participating in the Event to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
7. Release of Claims. You (for yourself, your heirs, personal representatives, assigns, and anyone else who might make a claim on your behalf) hereby release Amazon and its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, suits, damages, losses, debts, liabilities, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) that you may have now or in the future associated in any way with the Event or the Items.
8. Indemnification. You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Amazon and its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from and against any loss, damage, judgment, settlement, expense, interest, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs), and any other liability related to or arising out of your attendance, participation or conduct at the Event.
9. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL (a) AMAZON BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY, COST OF COVER OR OTHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR RELIANCE DAMAGES OR (b) THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF AMAZON FOR ALL OTHER DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT EXCEED USD100.
10. Choice of Law and Venue. These Terms will be deemed made in and will be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the State of Washington, USA. For any dispute arising out of these Terms, you irrevocably submit to venue and exclusive personal jurisdiction in the federal and state courts in Seattle, King County, Washington, USA, and waive all objections to jurisdiction and venue of such courts.