Deploy a Container Web App on Amazon Lightsail
GETTING STARTED GUIDE
Follow step-by-step instructions to build and deploy a container-based web application using Amazon Lightsail
In this guide, we will take you through deploying your existing containerized web applications on Amazon Lightsail.
Lightsail is an easy-to-use virtual private server (VPS) provider that offers you everything you need to build an application or website for a cost-effective, monthly plan.
What You Will Learn
In this guide, you will learn how to:
- Build your container and test the application locally
- Create a container service on Amazon Lightsail
- Deploy your container on Amazon Lightsail and test it
- Push a new version of your application
Before Starting this guide, you will need:
- An AWS account: if you don't already have one follow the Setup Your Environment getting started guide for a quick overview.
This tutorial is divided into the following short modules. You must complete each module before moving to the next one.
- Prepare your container (10 mins): building and testing your app locally.
- Create a container service on Amazon Lightsail (10 mins): create the infrastructure to host your containers.
- Deploy your container on Amazon Lightsail (10 mins): upload and deploy your container.
- Deploy a new version of your application (10 mins): prepare and deploy a new version of your application.
- Clean up: In this last part of the guide, you learn how to clean up resources after you are done.