Get Started with AWS CDK
GETTING STARTED GUIDE
Follow step-by-step instructions to learn all about the AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK)
In this guide, we will take you though setting up and configuring the AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK) on your workstation, and getting you up and running to create your first AWS resources with Infrastructure as Code.
What You Will Learn
In this guide, you will learn how to:
- Install and configure the AWS CDK CLI
- Create your first CDK project
- Deploy your first infrastructure
Before Starting this guide, you will need
- An AWS account. If you don't already have one follow the Setup Your Environment getting started guide for a quick overview.
This tutorial is divided into the following short modules. You must complete each module before moving to the next one.
- Understanding CDK Requirements (5mins): Understand what is needed to run CDK on your workstation.
- Installing the CDK CLI (5mins): Install and configure the AWS CDK CLI on your Workstation and on Cloud9.
- Creating your first CDK project (15mins): Initializing your first CDK project and deploying your first bit of Infrastructure to AWS.