Amazon SES is an email platform that lets you send and receive email using your own email addresses and domains. Complete the procedure in this section to add and verify an email address identity using the Amazon SES console. You’ll use this email address for testing later in the workshop.
If you have a new Amazon SES account, certain restrictions are applied to your account to help prevent fraud and abuse, and to protect your reputation as a sender. All new Amazon SES accounts are placed in the Amazon SES sandbox, and all sender email addresses and domains must be verified.
Staying in an Amazon SES sandbox environment is sufficient when you are in the development and testing phases. However, we recommend that you move out of the sandbox if you deploy your solution to production. Doing so lets you send emails without any restrictions to users who request to onboard their applications to AppStream 2.0. For more information, see Moving Out of the Amazon SES Sandbox in the Amazon Simple Email Service Developer Guide.
- Open the Amazon SES console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/ses/
- In the navigation pane, under Identity Management, choose Email Addresses.
- Choose Verify a New Email Address.
- In the Verify a New Email Address dialog box, type the email address that you want to add and verify in the Email Address field. The email address must be one that you can access.
- Choose Verify This Email Address.
- A verification email is sent to the email address that you specified. It may take up to an hour for the email to arrive. The message contains the following subject line: Amazon Web Services - Email Address Verification Request in region RegionName," where RegionName is the name of the AWS Region that is selected in the SES console.
- When the verification email arrives, open the verification link in the message. Note: The link in the verification message expires 24 hours after the message is sent. If 24 hours have passed since you received the verification email, repeat steps 1 through 7 to receive another verification email with a valid link.
- You can check the status of your email address identity in the SES console. In the navigation pane, choose Email Addresses. In the list of email address identities, find the email address that you added, and confirm that the verification status for the address is verified.