Module One: Setup QuickSight Account and Dashboard
In this module you will setup your Amazon QuickSight account and publish a sample dashboard.
In this module, you will setup your Amazon QuickSight account as well as setup and publish a sample dashboard from our library. We will use this dashboard for embedding in your web portal in later modules.
What You Will Learn
- Create a QuickSight account setup (optional)
- Publish Quicksight Dashboard
Create a QuickSight Account (optional)
We will first create a QuickSight account. Each AWS account can have only one QuickSight account linked with it.You can skip to next section if you already have a QuickSight account set up.
1. Search and launch QuickSight from AWS console.
2. Click Sign up for QuickSight button
3. Leave the selection at Enterprise, scroll down and click Continue button.
4. Make following selections / inputs. These selections can't be altered.
QuickSight region : Select region where most of your data resides.
QuickSight account name : Give a name that makes sense to you.
Notification email address : Your email.
Leave all other settings on their default values, scroll down and click Finish button.
5. Click the Go to Amazon QuickSight button
Publish QuickSight Dashboard
We will publish a sample dashboard and save it's dashboard id.You can skip this step if you already have a dashboard you want to embed or if you are trying out session embedding only.
1. Click on the sample - Sales Pipeline analysis
2. Click Share and then Publish dashboard from the drop down.
3. Give the dashboard a name,
uncheck Enable ad hoc filtering option (under Advanced publish options)
and click Publish dashboard button.
4. Save the region from url as DashboardRegion
and the last node of the url as DashboardId in your notepad.
We will use this in embedding this dashboard later on.