On Amazon EC2 you can run many of the proven IBM platform technologies with which you're already familiar, including IBM DB2, IBM Domino, IBM Informix, IBM Web Content Manager, IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM WebSphere sMash, IBM WebSphere Portal Server, and InfoSphere DataStage/QualityStage with its corresponding Windows client. You may be eligible to bring many of your own IBM software and licenses (BYOSL) to run on Amazon EC2© see below for more information.
Amazon EC2 helps you to leverage IBM-based environments for a variety of use cases, including:
Amazon EC2 is the ideal environment for running IBM-based applications that always need to be available. Amazon EC2 enables you to migrate your existing IBM licenses and install them on an Amazon EC2 instance or use Amazon EC2 running IBM with AMIs ready to launch. Both options allow you to customize your mission-critical applications and seamlessly integrate with all of the existing Amazon EC2 features.
If you have acquired software entitlements under IBM’s International Passport Advantage or Passport Advantage Express Agreements (collectively PA or PA Program), you may have the ability to run IBM software programs on Amazon EC2 and you will simply pay the normal Amazon EC2 hourly prices for On-Demand or Reserved Instances. You can get started via the following steps:
- Visit IBM's Licensing for Amazon Cloud to determine eligibility requirements for how your existing PA licenses may apply to the various EC2 instance types.
- Install the desired IBM software with the appropriate number of licenses on your Amazon EC2 instance.
- Run and manage your instance like any other Amazon EC2 instance.
If you are interested in purchasing a new IBM license, please visit the IBM Software Online Catalog.
If you are interested in running IBM on AWS please Contact Us
* IBM is a registered trademark of International Business Machines Corporation
* Novell is a registered trademark and SUSE is a trademark of Novell, Inc.